“Korean-Irish Sushi?!”

Kimchi
Ranked #471 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kimchi Hophouse is the only place in Dublin where customers can find authentic Korean food and drinks including Soju and Korean beer. All staff are Korean, including our chefs and owners. Kimchi is a restaurant and Hophouse is an adjacent bar formally called The Shakespeare Bar. We're located in central Dublin city, at the top of O'Connell Street, just around the corner from the historic Gate theatre.
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Good sushi can be found in several establishments in Dublin city... But for great sushi the choice is limited. The best can be found at Kimchi! Korean-Irish fusion is found in a trademark 'Soy Potatoe Roll' which is absolutely to die for! The reataurant is authentically Korean, serving a vast sushi menu and traditional dishes as well. The atmosphere is a nice buzz - and true to Korean form, minimalist - yet true to Iriah for attached to a sports pub! The staff are Korean of course and the service is cordial, helpful and prompt. Defo high marks... Any time a craving for sushi hits, Kimchi satisfies!

1  Thank Rick P

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went there for the second time and enjoyed again our lunch. A perfect choice of typical korean specialities. The best Bibimbap I had. Perfect tempura. Very affordable. A place to go for sure !

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice food. New to my taste. My friends enjoyed the ambiance in this Resto. I find their food as affordable. Nice place to have some catch-up with your friends and even new found friends.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was thoroughly delighted by all of the food that my friend and I ordered in Kimchi. We are both vegetarian and we made the most of the veggie options on the menu. Starting with pancakes and miso soup (the best miso soup) with mains of sweet potato noodles, tofu and vegetable stew accompanied by some really delicious Kimchi. We also had a bottle of delicious plum wine. Prices are very reasonable; surroundings aren't luxurious but are very comfortable. There is no doubt that Kimchi should be on your list of restaurants to try and that when you do it will instantly join your list of firm favourites.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have never tried Japanese, Korean food and I was a little anxious I would not like it. I must admit, food was amazing. Nicely served, and reasonably priced. The selection of drinks was also great. Plum wine is a must! The staff were all very nice, and polite and overall we had a great night. The restaurant is not very posh, and especially from outside it is not inviting in but it really depends on what you are looking for. It's a relaxing place with great food and atmosphere. Highly recommended!