“Lunch time dining”

Kimchi
Ranked #426 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kimchi Hophouse is the only place in Dublin where customers can find authentic Korean food and drinks including Soju and Korean beer. All staff are Korean, including our chefs and owners. Kimchi is a restaurant and Hophouse is an adjacent bar formally called The Shakespeare Bar. We're located in central Dublin city, at the top of O'Connell Street, just around the corner from the historic Gate theatre.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was in at lunch time with a friend and there were a few people in but not too many. Waitress was friendly and very nice and didn't keep us waiting for anything.
We recieved tea (which was nice given how cold it was) and miso soup which was very good. The mains were excellent, I had the bibimbap with chille sauce which came with some kimchi and was delicious. Perfect lunch sized portion. I also ordered the chicken and vegtable dumplings which were lovely and light and had a lovely sweet soya dressing. My friend ordered the korean bento box which he said was again delicious.
Well worth trying, looking forward to going back again already. Great place.

There are newer reviews for Kimchi

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I enjoyed the starter a lot and the main a little less. There were a lot of regular customers ans Asian customers in and out and the place has a buzz.

However I found it cold and had to keep my coat on. It was one of the coldest nights this year but I was uncomfortable.

The service waS top notch the very best. The little buttons on the tables were great but in reality this restaurant obviously prides itself on making sure that the customer is served well. The button was only pressed once while I was there.

I would recommend for those who like Korean food but I am not sure it's my thing.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've been at Kimchi hop house after trying his delicious take away and decided to dine in for lunch.Great choice on the menu,great atmosphere and very professional staff.
Food was just amazing,couldn't ask for more.I ll definitely going back and trying all different delicious dishes.
Love it.

1  Thank Squi86
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went with a group of 10 people from work.The restaurant has a great variety of Korean and Japanese dishes. Not only the Sushi but also the other dishes were delicious. If you go once you will want to go again! My favourite restaurant in Dublin!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Kimchi a few times over the past year an it never disappoints. It has a laid back and quirky atmosphere and everything I've tried off the menu has been really good. Great value and service too. I would ask to sit in the bar side when booking.