“Love this bar!”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Traditional Irish Pub/Restaurant.Family run Restaurant serving food with reciepes handed down from generations. Our first recipe book is available.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Love this bar and not one for going to a bar by myself but I would go in here early for a drink by myself if I was waiting for someone. Great Dublin bar.

1  Thank Loretts1977
There are newer reviews for The Hairy Lemon Cafe Bar

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Just a short walk from Grafton St, this place is a gem. Great pub food hearty filling and tastes great. Busy all the time with good reason. When you are done eating go next door to the bar for a few more pints, goody sic and typical jovial Irish atmosphere. You'll have a nice souvenir postcard when your done too! Nice touch!!!

1  Thank Christie B
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We came to Dublin with my wife and decided to look some local place to dine.

Have to admit that I peaked a bit Tripadvisor and decided to have go with Hairy Lemon.

Place was packed with customers. Tourists and locals. Good sign!

We got a table after 5 minutes of waiting, which was reasonable.

First thing was to order two pints of Guinness!

Then we ordered food. My wife chose Salmon and I took lamb. Very Good and delicious food. Food was hot (and I mean HOT) when it came from kitchen, very good.

Service was Excellent, If compared how busy the staff was with the customers.

Our experience was good and we both can recommend this place further.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This was the first place we ate in Dublin (not counting a food court out of pure food deprivity after 15 hours of travel). We loved it very much! We both ordered the Irish stew and a Guinness, which was the perfect fix for the dreary weather. Our server Darren was incredibly nice and helpful. The restaurant was small but this added to the welcoming and homely charm!

Our only qualm, albeit a very small one, was that the restaurant is separated from the pub part. It would have been nice to enjoy the pub atmosphere while having a bite to eat as well.

Overall this is a very good place to eat and we do recommend it!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My daughter and I found this café/bar quite by accident, it was raining and she didn't want Italian!..the front was almost grubby to look at, small and unprepoposing cafe but it seemed to be quite busy so we went in....it is an amazing place!..small but very quaint and the food was lovely, freshly prepared and well cooked..will certainly go again!