“Delicious”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Traditional Irish Pub/Restaurant.Family run Restaurant serving food with reciepes handed down from generations. Our first recipe book is available.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We were visiting Dublin and decided to eat here the first night we arrived, the food was so good we were afraid to eat somewhere different the next night thinking we would be disapointed since hairy lemons set such a high standard with us. I recommend the wings and ribs dish as a starter the sauce was really good.

1  Thank cmiller0125
Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was in The Hairy Lemon a few weeks ago and well my experience was odd to say the least!. I am appreciate good whiskey and so was delighted to see a whiskey menu on the bar. As it was my friends last night in ireland I thought we would share glass of single malt. Not a difficult task......so my first choice - not available, my second choice...not available....and THEN ...which is the reason I am writing this....I asked for my third choice which was listed as 5 euro a measure on THEIR menu. As the waitress went to reach for the bottle some person 'dressed as a manager' passed by and stated 'NO NO I am not selling you that for that price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' and walked away.....and didn't come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..no manners, I say 'dressed as a manager' because the way he acted was absolutely unbelievable, unprofessional and made me the customer feel like a criminal for asking for something that was listed on THEIR menu as that Price! and no explanation other than that provided (no your not having that and walking away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have had no problem paying whatever the cost was but ended up getting a guinness as he had just walked away making me feel like some sort of scumbag. I am a young professional female who appreciates good service and good whiskey. Rest assured I won't be going there again....why advertise something that isn't the reality..! They should take a trip to Naughtons in Galway to see how its done!

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We were very excited to come to Hairy Lemon. Seat yourself, check out the menu where there are some traditional Irish food and some nontraditional items too. Price is around ?15 a plate. It's very busy there but the two men that ran the floor held it down for the most part just don't ask for an Irish coffee while they're getting slammed. I had the Coddle, a traditional Irish stew, served with mash and brown bread. Flavor, texture, and plating was more than I could ask for. I loved it so much I think I'll be back one more time to try another traditional item on my short 1 week visit. I recommended this spot.

1  Thank BrandiSA2014
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great Guinness and friendly atmosphere, immediately across Road from Hotel, very welcoming & quick service.

1  Thank ShivvyShivvy
Reviewed March 5, 2014

loved everything about it.staff brilliant espically Darren who was very helpful and friendly and made us feel very welcome