“Great traditional offers”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Traditional Irish Pub/Restaurant.Family run Restaurant serving food with reciepes handed down from generations. Our first recipe book is available.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great traditional offers”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We were very excited to come to Hairy Lemon. Seat yourself, check out the menu where there are some traditional Irish food and some nontraditional items too. Price is around ?15 a plate. It's very busy there but the two men that ran the floor held it down for the most part just don't ask for an Irish coffee while they're getting slammed. I had the Coddle, a traditional Irish stew, served with mash and brown bread. Flavor, texture, and plating was more than I could ask for. I loved it so much I think I'll be back one more time to try another traditional item on my short 1 week visit. I recommended this spot.

1 Thank BrandiSA2014

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“extremely friendly”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great Guinness and friendly atmosphere, immediately across Road from Hotel, very welcoming & quick service.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ShivvyShivvy
Athlone, Ireland
“brillant pub”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

loved everything about it.staff brilliant espically Darren who was very helpful and friendly and made us feel very welcome

Visited November 2013
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“My favorite restaurant in the world”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I spent the Fall 2013 semester studying abroad in Dublin and ate at the Hairy Lemon at least once per week. The food is absolutely amazing, especially the Cottage Pie and Chicken burger. The Hairy Lemon was our first stop anytime any of our parents visited us as it has the traditional Irish pub feel and a great atmosphere and energy. Darren is so funny and made all of us feel right at home and the staff is very friendly. So many of my favorite memories happened here and I could not have asked for a better place to spend time in.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lauren B
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wanted to give a 6”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We found this restaurant by chance last December, it was busy but despite we got excellent food & service. Decided on recent return to Dublin we went back to be greeted & remembered to the point of giving us the same table & remembering our drinks order, well done Darren. Other customers also remembered despite their visit being over a year ago. Now that's customer service.
Hairy Lemon puts customer first thank you Darren, Simon & Melissa, we will be back next time we are in Dublin. Happy to recommend this bar.

• Visited February 2014