“Best dining experience in Dublin”
Review of F.X. Buckley

F.X. Buckley
Ranked #13 of 2,811 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Temple Bar
Description: Serving Ireland's best steak in Temple Bar, a traditional Irish steakhouse with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years serving the perfect steak. We change our menus seasonally to reflect the finest that Irish produce has to offer in combination with the finest wines, cocktails and spirits to cater for all tastes and budgets. The Buckley Family has built a reputation as purveyors of quality meats for over six generations. Francis Xavier opened his first butcher shop on Moore Street in 1930 and this soon became awell-known Dublin institution. Since then it was part of a natural progression to open our own steakhouses around the city and serve our famous beef from our butchers to your table.
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I have been to Dublin 12 times over the course of the last 8 years and I can honestly say that I have finally found the best place for dinner !

I ordered the calamari starter and the rib-eye steak & chips for my main course. You could tell great care was taken with each and every dish that left the kitchen by the female chef. She perfectly prepared our entire table's meals with the highest quality possible. The entire meal was unbelievable, and my medium-rare steak was mouthwateringly delicious. Even the fresh hand cut chips were leaps better then any I have had during my visits.

I made sure to send my compliments to the chef at the end of dinner, so she knew how much her courses were enjoyed. The pricing was great, as our group took advantage of the early bird 2 course meal. The customer service was top notch as well. Simply put, you will not find a more qualified chef, better value, or higher quality meal in Dublin then FXB Temple Bar.

1  Thank stormwire
Write a ReviewReviews (2,680)

Reviewed August 16, 2010

I had the value menu, 3 courses for 30. The chowder is second to none, the steak was pretty good but a little over cooked. Desert menu is poor and so are the deserts. Atmosphere non existent, it was empty and the aircon was way too cold. Thy also had this crazy loud thumping music on? Very strange I thought. Anyway, would I go back? Not in a hurry, maybe if someone else was paying but I wouldn't pay to go again

1  Thank autotrader24
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We chose the set menu at 25 Euro and it was very good. Great starters of pate for me and ribs for the others, followed by delicious steaks. Dessert was mediocre. A good value tasty meal in central Dublin.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

we ate here on sat nite the food was very vrey good and the atmospher was wonderful.

We both had the steak for our main course one with home made chips and the other with baked pototes and a salad.For starters we had the chicken wings and the dublin bay prawns and stickey toffee pudding we had also 2 beers.It came to €80 a bit expenisve but the food was wonderful and cant wait to go back again

Reviewed May 30, 2010

the meat is in general excellent, with areally good value prix fixe