“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Temple Bar
Description: Serving Ireland's best steak in Temple Bar, a traditional Irish steakhouse with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years serving the perfect steak. We change our menus seasonally to reflect the finest that Irish produce has to offer in combination with the finest wines, cocktails and spirits to cater for all tastes and budgets. The Buckley Family has built a reputation as purveyors of quality meats for over six generations. Francis Xavier opened his first butcher shop on Moore Street in 1930 and this soon became awell-known Dublin institution. Since then it was part of a natural progression to open our own steakhouses around the city and serve our famous beef from our butchers to your table.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

FXB is one of the best restaurants in Dublin. I've been a couple of times and the steak is always prepared exactly as requested. They are true steak connoisseurs. With a great selection of beers and wines on offer, this is one restaurant that will not disappoint.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,452)

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited this restaurant on New Years Eve prior to attending the Dublin concert.
Having read all the positive reviews we were not disappointed. The three 10oz fillet steaks we ordered we delicious, the staff were attentive and friendly, we would certainly return when visiting Dublin again,

2  Thank NDG2
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Went here for a Christmas night out from work and we opted for one of the seasonal set menus.

To begin, I had a starter of flambeed kidneys in a brday and cream sauce which was excellent and for me, the best dish of the night. My main was a beautiful rib eye steak, cooked to perfection and just enough vegetables to complete the dish. Dessert was a bit dissapointing as regards selection but again, the quality of the food was first class.

The staff were polite and attentive thoughout and even though we went slighlty over the two hours we had for our meal (from 7-9) we were never pressurized or hurried to finish. Given the quality of the food, the staff and the full bar, I think I'll be back soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

It was my first time to FXB's after hearing good reviews and I was not disappointed, went with a party of 7 and everyone has a great meal.
The meat was cooked perfectly and the Atmosphere was bustling we had a great dinner.
Only flaw was the table we were seated at was for a max of 6 people so we were a little squashed but the food and service made up for this little flaw.
Will go back soon

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Visited weekend before Christmas and booked ahead for Friday 1900. Glad we did. The restaurant was busy with a good atmosphere. Other reviews say it is loud, but I would say it is fine. Tables are close together but it's somewhat romantic feel makes up for this.
The service was great. The staff are very friendly and make for a relaxed and enjoyable evening.
My partner had a medium well 12oz sirloin and I had the 22oz sirloin on the bone cooked medium. The meat was juicy and cooked perfectly. The Cajun onions were amazing and so wash the mash. I had a few sauces too which the waiter added free of charge.
We ordered some sautéed onions, onion rings and chips. All were rustic and homemade style. That includes the pudding. We had the baked cheesecake, as we are big fans! It went down well with an espresso.
A glass of wine each later and we were filled. I never wanted the steak to end!
The meal was a bit pricey, at €87 not including tip, but well worth it, and we did eat a lot! If the staff were not as relaxed but hard working as they were, it would not have the same feel.
Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant for couples as my fiancée and I were left wanting to go back the following evening!