“Not a steak lover but loved this”

F.X. Buckley Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 2,573 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Temple Bar
Description: Serving Ireland's best steak in Temple Bar, a traditional Irish steakhouse with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years serving the perfect steak. We change our menus seasonally to reflect the finest that Irish produce has to offer in combination with the finest wines, cocktails and spirits to cater for all tastes and budgets. The Buckley Family has built a reputation as purveyors of quality meats for over six generations. Francis Xavier opened his first butcher shop on Moore Street in 1930 and this soon became awell-known Dublin institution. Since then it was part of a natural progression to open our own steakhouses around the city and serve our famous beef from our butchers to your table.
London, United Kingdom
“Not a steak lover but loved this”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Went here for last night in Dublin. Dinner was lovely. We were a party of 7. I am not a steak lover and I really enjoyed my well done steak medallions with mash. I would definitely return of there, if there was an opportunity. It tasted fresh and the group all enjoyed their food.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
“Top notch steakhouse!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

OK, so it was early evening on Saturday and we had been walking around Dublin for most of the day. We were getting rather hungry and since it was my birthday, my wife had promised to take me for a nice steak.
We had gravitated back to the Temple Bar area and in a little side street off Dame Street, we found the FX Buckley Grill. Bingo! The head waiter was able to find us a table, despite the fact that we hadn't reserved and all of a sudden we found ourselves in steak paradise.
Because it was still quite early in the evening, we chose from the pre-theatre menu which is excellent value at €30 for three courses. What can I say - it was all great! We had baby back ribs and salmon for starters, rump steak as a main and cheesecake and chocolate cake for dessert and I can't fault any of them. The steaks were the highlight of the evening, though – perfectly cooked, beautifully presented and above all very, very tasty.
The decor in the restaurant is stylish but relaxed and it is very easy to have an enjoyable meal there, especially since the staff are attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back the next time we're in town.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose to go to this restaurant after reading reviews on here and we were certainly NOT disappointed. The service and food was outstanding one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Great wine list and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming.

• Visited March 2013
“Wow amazing!!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure I can praise this restaurant enough there nothing I would really fault. after our meal I didn't want to leave I was so comfy!

My partner and I both enjoy steak we regularly go to the butchers at home so are fairly familiar with a good steak this was up there with the best steak I have had the rib eye was delicious. it was also a great addition that you could choose from a selection of sides sometimes a change from chips is good. I got a jacket potato and it was lovely too.

I wish I could remember the name of the waiter as he was fantastic very attentive and friendly and was clearly passionate about steak too!

We did also manage to squeeze in a dessert in the way of a cheesecake again it did not disappoint and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would certainly come back to this restaurant again!!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“St. Patrick's Day Celebration Meal”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This meal was fantastic. I shared a Chareaubriand. I can honestly say it as the best steak meal I have ever had. The service was top class and very friendly.

The atmosphere was really relaed.

Will certainly visit the chain again.

The cost was well worth it.

• Visited March 2013