“Amazing Thai food”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: We are Modern Thai Eatery serving delicious Thai food, craft beers, funky cocktails and wines from around the world. We offer all this in a relaxed ambiance with friendly service and plenty of value. We feature a very popular Set Lunch which includes starter, main course and a drink for €14,95. We also offer our Early Bird menu every evening from 4.00 Which costs €21,95 and includes a starter, a main course and tea or coffee. Our Wine Sale includes all wines at half price on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays . We are very centrally located between Temple Bar and Grafton st.
“Amazing Thai food”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Visited today for lunch and was met by I assume the very friendly owner. Very nice surroundings and food was very good. We ordered starters of spring rolls and chicken satays. Mains we ordered were pad thai and yellow curry. Curry was amazing, tasty and spicy. If we had a criticism then the pad thai was a bit wet but that may just be down to personal preference. They even advise on beers to have with certain dishes. In a nutshell very much worth a visit and you will not be dissapointed. Could not fault the staff or the restaurant. Highly recommended :-)

Hi Willsmeister
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent visit to us here in Red Torch Ginger. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal so much. Its wonderful that you enjoyed your meal so much.
Sorry that the Phad Thai was a little bit wet for you. As you rightly point out, every Thai restaurant has its own house style of cooking and this is ours. Our chefs are always happy to adjust the recipes to customers tastes so please do mention that you like less sauce with the Phad Thai when you are in next time. We would be happy to cook it just the way you like it.
Warm regards

Belfast, Ireland
“5* On All Accounts!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The food here was absolutely delicious from starter to dessert. The service was extremely polite and efficient too whilst the cocktails were out of this world. Would recommend this place to anyone - we definitely have it on our 'to do list' when back down in Dublin!

• Visited June 2013
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
David, thank you for coming in and dining with us the other day. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your meal and the cocktails so much. We are selling more of these cocktails each week so people seem to really love them. We added a whole new selection of Classics with a twist to our Drinks menu recentlyand these are very popular. I think you will have to try some the next time you are in Red Torch Ginger ;)
I really appreciate you taking the time to put your positive feedback on TA . Tourists and locals both use this site a lot to check out various dining options so reviews like yours really help us all.
See you in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty Thai consistently good.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Myself and my husband were here on Friday 21st for lunch once again the food was gorgeous ,fresh ,and so tasty and great service with a smile. We will return again and again!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank janbIreland
Hi Jan
Thank you for the kind words about your recent lunch visit here in Red Torch Ginger. Its always lovely to see you both and catch up. I really appreciate that you have taken the time to review us so positively here on TA. These reviews make all the difference to us as a small local business in Dublin. Thank you for spreading the word about us :)
See you soon I hope
Galway
“Good food - worth a visit”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my two times been here ,, good food and great service !!! Duck spring rolls are Devine :)

• Visited February 2014
Packie,
Thank you for the lovely comments. I thank you for coming in twice and eating with us. The Duck rolls are popular so its great to hear that you love them too. Thank you also for sharing your Duck Roll love with everyone on TA.
See you soon I hope
Warm regards
Eire
“Lovely Food but.......”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great little restaurant was really busy when we arrived despite it only being 6pm. Owner (presumably) was very welcoming and luckily he had a table spare. Ordered starters which were delish- however we waited a long time for our mains. Later the nice lady/hostess explained our docket had being lost in the kitchen but soon after that our mains came out. I ordered the sweet & sour chicken stirfry after eating almost all of it I noticed something white among the veg- at first I thought it was a piece of lemongrass but when I picked it out to my surprise it was a plastic toothpick!!! I had at that stage finished eating T.G & we had ordered the bill when the hostess came back we pointed this out and she hurried off to the kitchen with the plates. The owner did come down & apologise briefly but as the restaurant was very full neither him nor I wanted to create a fuss. Needless to say I wasn't charged for my meal. I'm happy to think this was a complete one-off! It did however leave me feeling a little queasy for the rest of the evening :(

Visited March 2014
Hi Happiest
I am delighted that you like our restaurant. I remember you coming in that night- I gave you the last table in the main dining room. It was very busy so I was happy to be able to accomodate you both.
The hostess did mention to me that the docket for your main course had fallen off the docket rail so your food was delayed by a few minutes. I did go over to you to apologise for the delay and you were both very gracious and relaxed about it.
Subsequently the hostess came over to me and told me about the toothpick in your food. I can understand your dismay. I know you were in a hurry as you had asked for the bill so I did chat to you briefly to apologise. I took your meal off the bill which was the least I could do.
I did offer you both a drink on me but unfortunately you didnt have time.
I did chat to the kitchen after you were gone and none of us could work out how the toothpick ended up in your food. We dont stock toothpicks in the kitchen at all. We keep the toothpicks beside the touchscreen on the main floor far away from all food. Its a very bizarre situation.
I must stress that this incident is very unusual as I have never come across anything like it in my thirty years of working in the restaurant business.
I would like to thank you for being so understanding about this issue. You were so lovely about everything even though the situation was unpleasant for you.
I do appreciate that you enjoyed the service and the food so I do hope you return soon. Please ask for me personally when booking as I would love to say look after you.
Many thanks for the feedback and for your gracious manner that evening.