“Great for a work do”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: We are Modern Thai Eatery serving delicious Thai food, craft beers, funky cocktails and wines from around the world. We offer all this in a relaxed ambiance with friendly service and plenty of value. We feature a very popular Set Lunch which includes starter, main course and a drink for €14,95. We also offer our Early Bird menu every evening from 4.00 Which costs €21,95 and includes a starter, a main course and tea or coffee. Our Wine Sale includes all wines at half price on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays . We are very centrally located between Temple Bar and Grafton st.
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

A group of us went here recently for a work night out. It was superb. The food was great. I like Thai food and was very impressed with the menu. The staff were very efficient and friendly too.

Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you HollisBrown for the wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit here in Red Torch Ginger. We can accomodate up to 40 people in our Lower Dining room and its very popular with business and birthday groups alike.
I do hope we see you again very soon.
Kind regards and many thanks

There are newer reviews for Red Torch Ginger

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm a celiac and had no problems.
The food was delicious. The service was very good and also listened to the fact Im celiac. I would most definitely go back again. The wine and cocktails were fabulous too.

Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

\Hello Brontyblue
Thank you for the great feedback on your recent visit. We cater for coeliacs as there are a lot of people with this condition in Ireland. We offer various starters, main courses and desserts that are gluten-free- these are indicated with a (c) on our menus. We also have a gluten-free beer- Mongozo- which is delicious.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal so much and found your server to be knowledgeable about the various food options available to you.
I do hope we see you again soon.
Many thanks

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was here on Friday evening just in time to avail of the early bird menu. It was fantastic value and seemed to include everything the restaurant had to offer (with just a small surcharge for a couple of options)! The aromatic duck for starter was hands-down the best aromatic duck I have ever tasted, and the three flavour duck for main was absolutely delicious. The duck itself was cooked just right, the three flavour sauce had the perfect balance of sweetness, bitterness and a nice spicy kick, the vegetables were nice and crisp, and the whole thing was presented beautifully - even if you weren't hungry when you went in there, the mere sight of the dishes would get your stomach rumbling! The staff were friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. We were in a wee bit of a hurry so didn't have time to sample the famous cocktails, but hopefully next time! I have already been recommending this place to friends and family and will definitely be back.

Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hi Colman
Many thanks to you for the wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal so much, especially the Aromatic Duck for two, which is one of our most popular dishes. Sorry you didnt have enough time to try one of our cocktails but theres always the next visit to do that :)
I do hope we see you again soon. Thank you again for your visit and for taking the time to share your thoughts on TA.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very nice restaurant with an outstanding manager! We arrived without any reservations, but the manager (who was also actively working the floor) sat us at one table, but graciously moved us to a more convenient table away from the main entrance. We were very impressed with his personality and accommodating style of professionalism. I wish that I would have gotten his name but the place was VERY busy and we did not want to interrupt his flow.

The food was ordered in a reasonable amount of time. The woman who took our order was able to suggest some very interesting combinations. The menu has a wide range of items so be sure to ask if you are not sure if they have anything that you may like. We asked about the coconut rice, but they did not offer that. When the food arrived (also in a very reasonable time), it was nice and hot. It was obvious that the preparer took care of the order as it was all neatly arranged on the plate with a nice "touch". The servers were also very good and polite.

As far as the table arrangement went, they were very close together, which did not offer a lot of conversational privacy. However, the staff's professionalism and the food more than made up for it. The lighting was also conducive to a relaxing atmosphere and it was relatively quiet considering how many people were there at the time.

When it was time to pay, it was quickly done and the bill was able to be split via the credit card hand held device (which is becoming increasingly popular). The price was a bit more than expected, but we were in Dublin. Our bill was accurate and we quickly made our exit.

Overall, if you are looking for a nice place to dine, I would recommend The Red Torch Ginger to all my friends.

Hi Duck1963,
I remember you popping in with your friend the other night. I am glad I was able to move you from the table near the door as I could see you were not very comfortable there. We save those tables near the door for walk-ins.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the service when you visited. Our staff love to suggest different options on our menu as the range of Thai food is wide. I am happy that the waiter was helpful and informative.
Thank you for coming in and dining with us. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts with us and the TA public.
I do hope we see you in Red Torch Ginger the next time you are in Dublin.
Many thanks for the kind words and the lovely review
Warm regards

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great food, value and service.
Not long back from honeymoon in Thailand and I have to say that this was as good as any traditional Thai food that we had there.
I had the fried rice with chicken with chillies and fish sauce - divine.
Service was lovely and the maitre d' really on the ball with the suggestion of the fish sauce with the chillies.
Great lunchtime value menu. Will be back for dinner soon!

Hi Murph
Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. I love eating the Thai Rice dishes with fish sauce with chillies or Prik Nam Pla as they call it in Thailand. It adds an extra dimension to the rice.
Its a real compliment to say our food reminds you of Thailand, as we aim to serve authentic Thai food. Our chefs all hail from different parts of Thailand.
I do thank you for sharing your feedback her on TA. I hope we see you in Red Torch Ginger for lunch or dinner again in the near future.
Warm regards