“Delightful!”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: We are Modern Thai Eatery serving delicious Thai food, craft beers, funky cocktails and wines from around the world. We offer all this in a relaxed ambiance with friendly service and plenty of value. We feature a very popular Set Lunch which includes starter, main course and a drink for €14,95. We also offer our Early Bird menu every evening from 4.00 Which costs €21,95 and includes a starter, a main course and tea or coffee. Our Wine Sale includes all wines at half price on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays . We are very centrally located between Temple Bar and Grafton st.
London, United Kingdom
“Delightful!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We arrived on a Saturday night without a reservation, but they helpfully seated us at a table in the cocktail bar and served our meal there, which was not only a perfectly acceptable arrangement but had the added bonus of the entertainment provided by the bar staff going about the elaborate business of constructing cocktails. As vegetarians we were pleased to be offered plenty of vegetable and tofu variations on the usual Thai classics, and I opted to start with vegetable Tom Kha whilst my companion went for vegetable Tom Yam. The Tom Kha was a little on the watery side and could have done with more coconut and, for my taste, less broccoli and cauliflower and more mushrooms! However my companion, a brassica devotee, gratefully accepted all the broccoli I passed in her direction! I sampled the Tom Yam and found it to be delightfully flavoured - not overpowered with chilli - but with a suspiciously fishy note (to be fair, the menu didn't actually state that it was vegetarian, and my companion disagreed with me anyway about the fishy hints). We moved on to a tofu red curry and some vegetable noodles, served with egg fried rice. The curry was delightfully flavoured and aromatic without being overpowering, and the veggies were delicate and crunchy. The rice had an unusual and pleasant nutty flavour. Fried in ground-nut oil perhaps? One to try at home. Not being fans of cocktails we washed all this down with a perfectly acceptable bottle of the house white. All in all thoroughly recommended. Expensive? Not really. Nothing in Dublin is cheap and our dinner at RTG was comparable price-wise to other meals we experienced during our visit.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bazalter

Dublin, Ireland
“Great Service, Great Thai food, a little too expensive”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I love the curry in this place, Amsolutly the best Ive tried in Dublin... Service is how it should be -- really good, only negative is its a little pricy ...

• Visited May 2013
Northern Ireland
“Tasty”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Nicest food I've had in along time! Very very tasty, great service and nice atmosphere. Will definitely return!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Grainne G
“Loved it...”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Best Massaman Curry I've tasted. Really loved how peaceful and well presented the restaurant was. Early bird menu was a steal at €19.99 :)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Amanda M
Dublin, Ireland
“All round good food and very friendly happy service.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on the monday night and although it was not too busy there was a nice ambience and chill out feeling to the place. For once I walked away stuffed which is rare these days as I find most places these days are a bit scabby on the portions. The bonus was that the food was also really tasty and I love thai food when it is done right. Had the 3 flavour duck and would recommend. One thing I would say though is improve the salad garnish. The ladies working there were a friendly happy lot. Not often I come away feeling this good about a place. Will return.

• Visited April 2013