“Good value and yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Torch Ginger

Red Torch Ginger
Ranked #35 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Contemporary, Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: We are Modern Thai Eatery serving delicious Thai food, craft beers, funky cocktails and wines from around the world. We offer all this in a relaxed ambiance with friendly service and plenty of value. We feature a very popular Set Lunch which includes starter, main course and a drink for €14,95. We also offer our Early Bird menu every evening from 4.00 Which costs €21,95 and includes a starter, a main course and tea or coffee. Our Wine Sale includes all wines at half price on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays . We are very centrally located between Temple Bar and Grafton st.
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Good value and yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were in Dublin for the day and chose to visit this place for dinner. We had the earlybird menu which was two courses. The red thai curry was delicious. The evening menu did look a little pricey though.

Bristol, UK
“Average Thai”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ate here with two work colleagues. Service friendly and attentive enough. Good range of dishes but we selected a set menu. The food was good engough but some dishes were not spicy as advised and some of the meat a little dry. It was expensive even for Dublin and I am not sure the costs were justified. Had it been cheaper we would retrun but sadly given the costs we will not.

• Visited July 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice place, food is good but wont blow you away.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I see people making comparisons here to authentic Thai food; I’ve never been to Thailand so I can’t compare. Of course when you go to a restaurant the food is very important but if I just wanted food I could cook a very good Thai meal and enjoy it at home. I often choose a restaurant based on mood, so atmosphere and service are vitally important as this is part of the package that you are paying for.

We made a reservation on Saturday evening, when we arrived it was busy, a bit of a buzz about the place, greeted very nicely by a busy but smiling young lady and shown to our table, table space is good you’re not forced to listed to conversation from your neighbours and you can manage to have a private conversation of your own. We weren’t terribly hungry so skipped starter, thinking we would fit in a desert instead, ordered a beer while we waited, and absorbed the atmosphere and a nice atmosphere it was.

The interior decor and lighting are pleasant and comfortable both of us commented that the tableware was very nice too. The waiter was polite and took our orders quickly I asked for something additional that was not included in the ingredients of my dish and this was no problem, it was provided in a small side dish that I could add to my taste. Overall we were satisfied with the quality and quantity of food supplied except it was a little on the expensive side, there were all the usual ingredients and the sauces were full of flavour, my fried rice was very tasty. We did have desert and coffee these were ok you could have the same almost anywhere. This is where things get complicated as there is nothing specifically wrong with the food - it is not unique or exclusive to this restaurant. Therefore I would expect exceptional service or some special unique experience, but there is nothing.

I took a short bathroom break and almost went into what I think might be the kitchen but was met along the way and scowled at by some staff member that asked me where I was going and sent me in the right direction (btw men’s restroom were exceptionally good). I was also left with the impression that the staff that was not directly involved with serving you and had no vested interest in making your visit more enjoyable, looked bored and disengaged. By all means give this place a try, its comfortable, you can relax here and have an satisfactory bite to eat but don’t expect anything mind blowing.

Dublin, Ireland
“warning: vegetarian menu is not vegetarian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I went here as part of a company celebration. Having called up in advance, I was informed that my veganism would not be a problem. When I sat down, I was told that they could make almost anything from the vegetarian menu into a vegan dish. I was chuffed, and ordered a green curry. 10 minutes later, I was informed that EVERY curry had shrimp paste, and so all the curries were out. When I pointed out that these curries were listed as vegetarian despite having shrimp in them, the waitress informed me that "most vegetarians don't mind a little bit of fish in their food". I replied that having worked in a veggie restaurant for 7 years, I can assure her that this is not the case, and again she insisted that people don't mind. I dropped the issue and asked what could be done about my meal. We settled on a stirfry, and my vegetarian boyfriend also asked for stir-fry.

For some reason, we ended up with two very different stir-fries: mine was tasty, almost like a pad thai, but his tasted like cardboard, in his own words.

2 stars is generous on balance, and I would just warn vegetarians to stay away.

2 Thank A_Dangerfield
“Delicious!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Food is AMAZING, service is excellent and the overall ambiance is really good. I will definitely go back!

Visited August 2012