“Surprisingly Disappointing Service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: TGI Fridays restaurant making every day feel like a Friday with authentic American food, cocktails, special offers and promotions in Dublin and Belfast.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We visited in a group of 11 on a Saturday evening, and I was surprised to see the restaurant so quiet. Our waitress was attentive initially, but our drinks took around 15 minutes to arrive; which we could understand to an extent because we'd ordered 4 jugs of water and 8 cocktails. One of the glasses had lipstick on the side, which we returned to the waitress.

The food arrived quickly, the mains almost immediately after the starter, none of which we could have faulted at all. As always, the portion sizes are huge; great value. After our mains were cleared, however it took a long time for any further contact to be made. It was good of the staff to bring out our cake but we must have been waiting 30 minutes for it. I couldn't help but feel that the decor was a little tired and uncared for; in particular its cleanliness.

I'd go back again, but was surprised that the standards were a little lower than other TGIs I'd been to.

There are newer reviews for TGI Friday's

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I don't know why people don't like T.G.I. Fridays, we just love it! Had the Jack Daniel wings & burger! This particular T.G.I. Fridays was down stairs, excellent setting, place was full of children's party's though it was over New Years. We've been in T.G.I. Fridays in Edinburgh, Southampton, Belfast and now Dublin and they all have been great!!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Ate here during Christmas period and the atmosphere was great. Food was lovely excellent value menu and the drinks refill was a huge bonus.Will def eat here again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I never write on these but was so pissed off by the service me and my girlfriend received. There must have been a party out the back i had to search for someone to pay after waiting for ages on food. Who leaves a menu and then dosnt return for 30 mins.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Wanted a quick burger for lunch so thought can't go wrong with TGI's How wrong were we! Cutlery thrown on table, wasn't even clean so changed it for next table which was same. Pepsi came in awful plastic tumblers. When food eventually came (waited almost 45min for lunch!) it was pretty crap, McDonald's would have been better. Just wanted to pay up and get out after this. Got bill, over €50 :( DO NOT GO NEAR THIS PLACE!

2  Thank Angus M