“Basics and practicalites aren't right here”

Jo'Burger Rathmines
Ranked #1,022 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Eaten here twice now in the last few months. Fairly disappointed both times. Burgers can barely be eaten with your hand, I always end up reverting to knife and fork, especially if there is an egg involved. It doesn't help that they just give butter knives and all the cutting can become tiresome. The fries are mediocre and under seasoned, had sweet potato the first time and bush fries the second. The actual burger patties themselves were way overcooked both times. I had bacon one time and it was cooked to a rock hard crisp. It almost seemed like the burger and bacon had been cooked earlier and just reheated when I ordered? On the plus side the rest of the burger fillings and burger buns were delicious. I ordered a home made lemonade as well which was extremely bitter and could of done with a bit more sugar. Seems to be harder and harder to get a good burger in Dublin these days, don't think I'll be back again.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The burger I had was distinctly average. The bun it was served in was bordering on stale, and I had to fight to find my burger through the amount of rocket on top of it!

My biggest bug bear was the staff. They approached us as though we should be thanking them for talking to us, as though they were the epitome of cool and were doing us a favour by not slinging us out the door.

The hipster ness of the place borders on embarrassing. I had to cringe at its 'coolness'. I asked for ketchup with my chips and was patronisingly told
'we don't DO ketchup', as though I was being scolded for enjoying something so mainstream! It was hard not to laugh.

I will not be returning. The food was bland and over priced. The staff are knobs and the whole affair is borderline embarassing!

6  Thank Purplepencils
Reviewed November 16, 2012

As I walked in the restaurant I was greeted with candle lit picnic benches, comic books for menus and chill music. I was with my fiance and we actually just split a burger and shared sweet potato fries which was plenty for us. When the burger came out, it looked rather intimidating layered with meat, sauce, and vegetables. The meat wasn't greasy and the vegetables were nice and crisp. It was a weekday night and was packed by the time we left. I definitely recommend it!!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have eaten here twice with a couple of friends. The burgers are tasty and the portions are fairly big too. It is a trendy place and a nice relaxed atmosphere so a nice change. A couple of downsides which can ruin the experience though-the staff don't smile much, rarely acknowledge your questions or order (i.e. no head nods, verbal responses or eye contact). I get the impression that the staff demeanor is part of the cool and trendy look they are going for, but sometimes it comes across just a bit rude and like your presence and order is hassling them. They aren't attentive with the bill or adding things to your order either so if you're in a rush you just need to push them a bit. It is a different way of providing service, so just expect this if you go. (Small note: A bug-bear of mine is also that I like home-made things to be home-made if they say so on the menu. The expensive home-made lemonades are not actually home-made. I saw the girl pour some syrup or cordial into the glass, then top up with sprite or 7-up from a plastic bottle and add lots of ice. Which isn't really what 3 euro for home-made lemonade suggests it is). However, all in all we do enjoy the burgers, and there are some new and inventive concotions on the burger menu, plus if you are a student there is a decent discount too so we'll probably visit it again sometime.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Simple, easy and hip place. Their choice of burgers is impressive and all of what I've tried so far has been great! They make good combinations, use well-chosen ingredients and the results are always tasty and well-presented. Would recommend it for a take away or a nice dinner out with friends - good value for money. Try one of their home-made lemonades. Ginger lime is my favourite!