“Good and bad”

Ranked #1,040 of 2,729 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ate here last week. The food was a mixed bag. The burger itself was wonderful (lamb burger), as is the relish used. The meat was lost in a sea of lettuce though, and if I was ordering again I'd tell them to not put it on, along with the tomatoes. The bun was rock hard and bordering on stale. I ordered a coke and was condescendingly told that "we don't *do* coke." I was instead offered the alternative of a painfully unsweetened lemonade in a jar. Far too hipsterish. The gestures towards hipsterdom continue in the overly dark decor, the menus (children's books with the menus as inserts) and serving the cutlery in empty bean tins. All a bit weird and trying too hard. The staff were fine, if a bit disinterested. The seating is abominable. It's bench seating with very little room between benches, so everyone is sitting on top of each other. Overall, a mediocre to good product being smothered by everyone trying too hard to be cool.

2  Thank Brendan K

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great atmosphere and service in this place. Live Dj is great and the old style lamps and furniture give the place a great feel. The zondi is my favourite and find it hard to try something new when I go there.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We’ve eaten here twice; giving them the benefit if the doubt, only to be disappointed again. Both times they got our order wrong, both times our mains arrived at least 5minuts apart, both times staff seemed more interested in their own conversation. The bathrooms were dirty, which is something I can’t forgive in a restaurant. Needless to say we won’t be trying it for a third time. It’s a shame because the food did taste great and the beer menu was excellent.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Over elaborate and poor burgers at very expensive prices! The meat was over done, small and hidden amongst a mess. The buns were stodgy and stale, the chips were grey and the onion rigs were cold.
Very disappointed after reading good reviews. €63 for 3 burgers, 2 chips, 2 onion rings and one drink is a joke these days!
The place was almost empty and I now know why.

3  Thank Derek013
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We thought it would be a nice place but were sadly mistaken, the waiter was nice then when we were seated he was very rude, it's like he was too cool to be dealing with us. We were sitting beside two equally unhappy customers. When we got our food the burgers were not cooked fully and the bread was so stale i could barley cut it let alone take a bite. Would Definitly NOT recommend to anyone looking for a nice relaxed meal after a busy day. I guess tips are not optional as we were not offered any change or a receipt. Very disappointed.

2  Thank Lily G