“Best burger chain in Dublin”

Jo'Burger Rathmines
Ranked #1,000 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Jo Burger is definitely my favorite of all the Dublin burger chains, and there are a lot. It's got a funky atmosphere with menus coming inside of old children's story books. The seating is cafeteria styled, so you never know who you'll be seated next to. I had the mofolo burger which comes with whatever meat/veggie burger you want with chipotle sauce, pineapple chutney and rocket. I really liked it. You can get sweet potato fries instead of regular chips which is great. They serve artisan beers and homemade lemonades as well. The food is good and at a good price. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had high hopes going in here but were a bit disappointed. They have a great and interesting choice of burgers and sides. The atmosphere is good and the service was OK. The burgers came with too much sauce though. I think that they should either use less or put it on the side as when you put the sauce on most of the burgers they end up tasting the same. My husband and I ordered 2 very different burgers on paper but they ened up taseting the same.

it made the dinner just OK.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've had the opportunity to eat at the other Jo Macken establishments in Dublin such as Bear, Crackbird and Skinflint, but only in recent months trying Jo'Burger at their relatively new Castle Market location in the Dublin city centre---interestingly located just steps away from the GBK competitor.

'Jo Burgers' are definitely of much better than average quality to be found elsewhere in Dublin. I have to hand it to them, they do a wonderful job and offer some very creative ways to dress up a beef, chicken or veggie burger. I personally enjoy their beef burger 'Moletsane style' with a peanut chilli sauce and coriander topping---ordered half nude---meaning only the bottom bun because getting a full bun makes it almost impossible to attack---it's just too large and potentially for my mouth!

A big HUGE PLUS according to my vegetarian lady partner is that they don't just pay lip service to vegetarians but really offer fantastic vegetarian fare as part of their menu---so much so that she has cravings to go here at least once every few weeks, if not sooner.

The french fries/chips are very good, especially when they offer a creative special version. On three visits the special version has been delicious. However one time it was offered with an Asian hoisin sauce or something similar and it was not to my liking at all---it seemed a bit sweet and for some reason I just don't get mixing that particular flavor with potato. That being said I have to hand to management for trying new items not normally found in the Dublin restaurant scene.

With all this being said I must admit I'm still conflicted from time to time whether to go here or other burger-centric places in Dublin that offer traditional hamburger fare. So if I want traditional I have a spot I can go to, but more often than not I end up here these days. I like the creativity and the vibe of the spot as well, especially when the sun is out and one can sit outside with one of their lovely lemonades, beer or wine and watch the world go by.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Went here for a family meal and the burgers were nice. Waiter who served us was a cheeky git. I think he thought he was cool cos he worked in a cool place, but places aren't really cool if that's what they set out to be. Eddie Rockets is nicer.

1  Thank Jontronix
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had heard many a rave review of Jo Burger when it first opened but only had a chance to experience it myself when I was taken there on a second date. A lovely cute, kitsch atmosphere with quirky menus in old comic book annuals (mine was a Beano, his a Dandy) very relaxed and a very much chilled out place. The menu had a good selection but not too much to be overwhelming. Burgers were tasty and fries handcut (yum). Drinks were rather impressive-served in massive jam jar style vessels-delicious non alcoholic liquids but not your usual soft drink rubbish. Service was a bit slow as there only seemed to be 2 staff members the whole evening and the place was pretty packed out.

I was impressed enough to visit the place within the next 2 days, this time with a friend. Must have been the lighting or the evening or the guy but suffice to say second time round not as impressed. Service even slower and this time my order was completely messed up but staff were very friendly and apologetic for the mix up.

Definitely a good place to go for a meal with a friend or two but a lil too close for comfort for larger parties.