“Great restaurant”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We ate here several nights in a row as the food was lovely - portions were very generous - and the staff were really nice and friendly. One of us has an allergy and there were no problems checking ingredients in dishes. We mostly had fish tapas and also the paella with rabbit etc; everything was lovely.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We went here on a weeknight at 8:30pm and there was no one else there. That is always a scary feeling that can color your experience but we decided to try it. We started with a few tapas and 2 glasses of Rioja. The wine was OK and a pretty good value, I can say my knowledge of Spanish wines is not up to par. We then had some croquettes and the tortilla. The tortilla was OK but the croquettes were mushy and flavorless. We decided to call it quits at that and headed to a different restaurant.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

An Irish academic attending a conference on Celtic spirituality was asked if there was any equivalent of 'mañana' in Old Irish. 'Oh, yes, several' was his reply 'but none of them have that sense of pressing urgency conveyed by "mañana".'

We learned the truth of this saying here: in Spain tapas come in an instant, but here they took 45 minutes to arrive and 15 to eat. They were good when they did come, but this is not the place to go if you have a plane to catch.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I was in Dublin with two friends and it was our last night in the city. We were looking for a place to eat and stumbled upon this place near Temple Bar with a menu that sounded delicious. As soon as we walked in, our waiter (who I'm pretty sure was the owner?) was very welcoming. The decorations and music provided for a very cozy, relaxed atmosphere. We were surprised by how empty the place was, but I guess that's because it was around 10 pm on a Monday night. Our waiter was very helpful when we were trying to select a sangria. We ended up getting both the plain and margarita sangrias and they were both delicious. We ordered mussels as a starter, then seafood paella, glazed pork belly, and melt-in-mouth lamb. The mussels were gone in a minute, the paella was my personal favorite, the pork belly was pretty good, and the lamb was cooked perfectly. The three of us were all very pleasantly surprised by how good the food was and by how nice our waiter was. I would definitely go here again!

1  Thank Marianne T
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I'd made a note of this place from a review a while back and it ticked all the boxes for a cheery evening out...Our waiter was very attentive considering the she didnt speak spanish very well . Lots of advice was available re. how much to order and wine advice and tasting was offered. Enjoyed the tapas and wine very much and the atmosphere was great. The only thing I have had much better elsewhere was the paella ok - ok, not brilliant. Worked really well for the two of us, I'm definitely going back with the girls.