“Good food and delightful service”
Review of Bar Italia

Bar Italia
Ranked #274 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Would certainly recommend this busy, cheerful Italian restaurant on the river beside Dublin's Millennium Bridge. The food was authentic, the value good - and the icing on the cake was the truly charming service. It was very noisy on the street level, and there was no problem about giving us a table in the much quieter basement - even though we arrived late and they had clearly finished serving in that area. Our waiter was well informed about the food and wine. We had eaten here some time previously with Italian friends and were very happy on both occasions.

1  Thank Ireland_member
There are newer reviews for Bar Italia

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I meet my friends regularly in the city and we've stayed devoted to Bar Italia for the last year or so. the service is superb. The food is excellent. I've never had a disappointing dish. They have specials most nights so plenty of variety.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I visited the restaurant on Friday having visited previously. It is located in the Italian Quarter at Ormond Quay. I was not allowed to relax by the young waitress who seemed unaware that if you dont harass customers before they have finished a course that they will stay and spend more money.My wine glass was removed whilst unfinished.
Being asked 3 times in minutes what dessert I wanted before I had hardly glanced the menu ruined what was otherwise an enjoyable but expensive meal.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Visited this restaurant while we were staying in Dublin..It was only a few minutes walk from our hotel .,so quite convenient.Did not look anything special from the outside,but thought we would give it a try.we were pleasantly surprised by the menu,very good ,and reasonable prices.
We had a apero plate of meats ect,as a starter(for 2 people).Main course I had a Pizza,my husband The Raviolli.This was very well presented. We opted for the house wine,which was good.
Our waitress was very nice and friendly. She was Italien,and had been working there a few months.We had a chat to her,which she seemed to enjoy. i would certainly reccomend this place for good Italien food.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

On visiting this restaurant for the second time with my family I thought things might be a bit better to find it had gotten worse.Two staff on on attending tables slow to take orders and when the waitress did eventually we sat for between thirty and forty five minutes waiting on our order to arrive and that was after reminding the staff that we had ordered .I had my grandchild with us and asked for a small portion to be told they do not do child portions .When our food came out eventually it was not up to standard.When my son went to pay the bill the waitress said to him oh you asked for a dessert menu at that stage we had had enough never again.Bad service, over priced and sullen staff it was like they were doing you a favour never again .