“Great food, great service”
Review of Pearl Brasserie

Pearl Brasserie
Ranked #53 of 2,772 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Pearl Brasserie restaurant Dublin opened its doors on the 7th December 2000. Our first objective was to build a team with a hunger to learn and a passion for detail. The same hard work was being asked of our Irish and continental suppliers. So we were able to get the best Irish and French produce on a daily basis. Culinary ingenuity and skill from the kitchen combines with warm, welcoming, professional service delivering one of Dublin’s premier fine dining experiences. Our head chef/patron Sebatien Masi was awarded Best chef of the year 2017 by Georgina Campbell’s Guides, Pearl Brasserie continues to perform at the top of the game in Dublin. Bon Appetite
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Really enjoyed our dinner here. Had a voucher/city deal so were able to spend a bit more than we usually would. Had to wait a little while to be seated which wasn't ideal but we did enjoy two cocktails which were pricey but within our budget and no more expensive than most restaurants. Every course was delicious, wait staff and maitre d very attentive and polite, very knowledgeable. Really really cannot speak more highly of the food, the lamb was one of the best dishes I've ever had, cooked to perfection and for fine dining, a really good sized portion. Would definitely recommend and will definitly be going again. Great place for a date or group dinner.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a nice meal with my wife for her birthday, crab starter lacked crab but the other courses were good.
Avoid the espresso as they don't have a proper machine.
Overall a nice meal in a nice setting.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a large group of 11 women in Pearl on a Tuesday night. In spite of it being mid-week, the atmosphere was great. It was lively, bustling and energetic. I started off with something unusual for me, one of the most delicious cocktails I've had in my life - The Naughty Bora Bora - made with care by the bartender - and worth the wait. I drink maybe twice a year and this was worth it!

I had mentioned to someone in our party that I was a vegetarian - and when the waiter brought me my menu - it was vegetarian - I thought that was pretty great attention to detail with such a large party. The choices were fantastic - but I am the pickiest of eaters. The tempura - was made especially for my taste after a word with the very kind waiter - so all of the vegetables were ones I actually eat. When I decided on my entree - I really wanted one of the appetizers in entree size - and they obliged. I'm not the easiest of customers in general and I was never made to feel like I was inconveniencing anyone.

Everything we had was wonderful -- and amazingly, brought out at the same time, in spite of our large numbers. I absolutely adored their french fries (ordered by another diner) - skinny, crispy, perfect. Even though this is a pretty “fancy” restaurant, the staff are so down-to-earth and friendly, there were no snickers when she asked for some ketchup to go with her fries. Instead, they brought out a beautiful portion of ketchup alongside a portion of mayonnaise in a lovely dual container. My experience at Pearl - exceeded my expectations, they went a step beyond what is required. I believe it is one of the most beautiful dining rooms in Dublin with some of the best food I have ever had in Ireland and again - the staff made the experience that much more special.

Since that night I've been trying to figure out when I'll be back. It is special enough for an anniversary or birthday dinner, but affordable enough for lunch or dinner with the girls... It is truly a pearl.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I booked a table for a special occassion but not sure if I was impressed. The restaurant is lovely but walking down to the entrance it was so smelly which turned my stomach the moment I went in. First thing I noticed was there was no music??? strange! The staff were lovely but tiny portions for the price. I had to sole which was bland and simple. It was sitting on a few leaves of spinach and next to a tiny bit of sauce!! I came out of the restaurant still hungry which is not a good sign. The dessert was gorgeous though! However, still lacking atmosphere and decent portions. Overall, it was a nice experience but overpriced for what you get. Bill was very expensive. Not sure if I will return.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was always a place I'd overlooked because its not overly visableable at street level, however decided to give it a try. Our group consisted of 6 girls and we were dining on a Wednesday so we decided to take advantage of the midweek set menu of a starter and main course for €22. (note of caution, you'll need a side order to make it a complete meal - €4). Between the 5 of us who were drinking we ordered 3 bottles of the house Sauvignon blanc at €25 per bottle. Despite this we all spent roughly €50 per head including tip (we also ordered deserts which are between €7-10), so its not super cheap considering its their early bird menu but definitely value for money, as the food was all top quality and extremely well prepared.
The restaurant itself is like a maze but really tastefully decorated. Generally the staff were lovely and the service great, the only thing that let it down slightly was the maître d came across as extremely snooty and seemed to flounce around the restaurant as if even being there was just beneath him. However I wont allow this to spoil an otherwise fabulous dining experience.