“I like Miso soup :)”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Cork, Ireland
“I like Miso soup :)”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Ok, i have a bit of a fixation with these bento box things, theres just so much to try and all in the one meal. Granted, theres often one thing where I'd say jeekers I'm glad I didnt order a full plate of that, but usually I get through the whole lot, salad and all. The lunch bento is good value and I've always been happy with the place. I only gave 3/5 for value though as I think Japanese restaurants are overpriced in general in Ireland, but I still would put this place ahead of wagamamas and other places I've eaten in, and will go back next time I'm in Dub.

• Visited July 2013
YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Sushi, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to offer us your feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoy our food and service. In regards to price, we aim to offer top quality ingredients and various dishes to suit most budgets. Also, if you pop in before 5.30pm you can still order a lunch bento for only €9.95.
Thanks again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Poor”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am very disappointed by my most recent trip to Yamamori. I normally love this restaurant and my husband and I had nothing but good experiences here. I e mailed them to tell of my complaints, got no reply, normally businesses are glad when customers tell them how they can improve but I guess Yamamori don't need the advice of customers.I came here last Saturday June 29th . Despite the fact that we had booked we were put in a corner and all the food was served at once. We only had one drink each and the bill came to almost €70 for 2 people. To add insult to injury, as I was paying with card the waiter instructed me that there's a space for tips and proceeded to add it on for me to enter a tip.I didn't like this at all, maybe I only had enough on my card to pay the bill! I can understand this practice in the States where waiters are paid about $2 an hour but being part of Europe we have minimum wage. I am no longer interested in dining with Yamamori, times are hard enough without having poor experiences for very expensive prices.

Hi Tess

Thanks for your feedback. I am surprised to hear you did not receive a response by email. I will personally look into this. We take this complaint very seriously and have communicated with staff regarding this complaint. Sincere apologies and Kind Regards,
Yamamori Management
Belfast
“Look no further for Japanese style food in Dublin”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Much more accommodation inside the restaurant than would be thought from the exterior. The staff are efficient and welcoming and the food was excellent. Next time in Dublin, I'll be visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited June 2013
Thanks Jeannie for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Buncrana, Ireland
“Early Bird”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Dined in Yamamori Sushi on Saturday 29th June. We were a party of 5 and went for the early bird menu as we were going to a concert. I ordered the Bento Box and have to say I really enjoyed the meal. I had 3 Sushi, Monkfish Tails, Scallops, Beef Teriyaki, Rice, and Miso Soup. The rest of group also said that they liked what they had ordered. I believe that the contents of the Bento Box changes and its the chef who decides each day. So look at the chalkboard to see what's on

The staff were pleasant and helpful, and when we were leaving any member of staff that we met on the way out all said thank you.

I would certainly dine in Yamamori again.

• Visited June 2013
Thanks Michael for taking the time to share your review of Yamamori Sushi. We are very happy to hear your enjoyed it, and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“too much fat and mayo with the sushis”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

i am a sushi fan but i was really surprised to have eaten sushi with mayo dressing....it was just disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!was the worse sushi i have ever eaten in my whole life!!!!they are gigantic, made for irish people. If you go there you are not going to enjoy little pieces of tasty sushi. You will eat a monster of rice and filling meant to be"sushi". i would just avoid if you are really a sushi lover and expect no dressings on it, when i asked for it the waiter told me it was delicious but when i saw the dressing on top, i was like wtf is that.....a part of it... The place is nice, has a good atmosphere.staff is helpfull and friendly, maybe if u ask not so big and without dressing they will do that for you.I was just expecting that the sushi i asked for wouldnt have this things as it was my first time over there...so...nobody cant blame why i havent asked not to put sauce on it.

Visited February 2013
Thanks Emily for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the sushi. We do however offer many types of sushi dishes to suit different paletts, and hope that on your next visit, you will find something more to your taste.
Thanks again,