“Quite good food (deppends of the day), but not the best service.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yamamori Sushi

Yamamori Sushi
Ranked #252 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Quite good food (deppends of the day), but not the best service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've been to Yamamori Sushi several times. I would rate it from 'absolutely stunning' to 'poor' - depends of the day. Usually food is good and tasty, but sometimes staff could be unprofessional and had some attitude.

Yesterday I wanted to have a small meal, so I ordered one of their noodles, but specifically asked 'without prawns' (as I really hate them and I am not willing to try them). I asked as well is there a chance to get a set of five sushi, but only with 'fish' (again, squid, prawn and octopus is not my favourite and I don't enjoy eating them). Waiter told me that 'prawn is like a fish' (I thought it was like a duck...) and I had to tell him, almost arguing that I don't like it and I really don't care that this is "almost like a fish". He explained me that "chef is busy and will not be able to do that" (make two varieties instead of five - really much more work). So I actually, quite annoyed, decided not to take that...
Few minutes later my noodles were served - of course with prawns! I said that this wasn't mine order and I need new one. They were not too happy, but how clearer should have explained that - I DO NOT like prawns!

Surprisingly, when waiter asked "how was my meal" I almost had an argument again. "- It was OK." -"Was this good?" - "No, not really, that was only OK". He wasn't too happy. I really do not care and don't know what their problem is.

Desserts in Yamamori Sushi are great and I enjoyed that a lot. A little bit overpriced, but very tasty and great.

I am sure I will come back there in few months, but recently I was quite disappointed with them. Please, leave your attitude at home. I (customer) don't want to discuss differences between fish and other creatures. Thank you, biology lessons I had at school.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reggio Calabria, Italy
“Bad taste and high cost!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Although the name of restaurante is Japanese,there was NO Japanese chef.
I'm sure Chinese chef make sushi!
It means we cannot eat real Japanese sushi there!

2 Thank Miragro4415
Dublin, Ireland
“Bad Attitude From the Staff.. including Management!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

YAMAMORI restaurant you are a Disgraceful business..!!!!
We went to your restaurant on the Quays to celebrate my friends 50th birthday as he had a table booked for 10 people but only 9 showed up so they wouldn't give us the table...
Your staff were rude to say the least!!! & we could not believe that this attitude still persists post Celtic Tiger!!...I for 1 will never darken your door & i ask all my friends to do the same... my faith in Irish Businesses has reached a new low!!!..

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Ronnie B
Dublin Ireland
“Dreadful. Celtic Tiger attitudes remain at this over priced fast food joint.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place was ok to many during the celtic tiger years, when nobody cared what they spent and didn't notice poor quality and bad service, but these days, the low standard of Yamamori is out in the open.

The food is greasy and poorly prepared, sushi falls apart, causing you to use a fork to scoop it up. It tastes like it was made several days ago and hauled out of the fridge. The staff are aggressive and confrontational. When they asked "is everything ok' you should not dare object because you will get a grilling and be told you are wrong. The manager (young asian guy) is particularly argumentative. I ordered a cha han dish (one of their most popular surprisingly) and it was basically disgusting so I asked for something else only to be told by this young manager "there is nothing wrong with it". I explained to him the problems with it. He eventually gave in after a 10 min debate saying "yeah I'll change it but theres nothing wrong with it". He came back and slammed the new dish on the table saying "I wont be doing this again" What is this guys problem?

Then we have these waiting staff who look at you scornfully as soon as you walk in the door, all of them look so miserable and depressed and just waiting for a fight it is bizarre. If they hate people so much then why do they work in customer service?

Basically if you and a friend visit here, expect to be treated very badly, get awful greasy slop and have to pay about €60 for the trouble. There are better places in Dublin where they make a bit more of an effort. This place is a Celtic Tiger money making factory. Someone needs to tell them those days are over.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank speakeasy365
“disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

i was very disappointed by this restaurant which is said to be very good. it is not that good, and is quite expensive..

Visited August 2012