“An old-fashioned "private" dining room”
Review of The Lord Edward

The Lord Edward
Ranked #925 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hidden gem is on the third floor of the building - you just keep climbing stairs until you come to a room that appears to be the sitting room of a B&B, lots of small groupings of tables and benches and comfy chairs, with a bar at the side. It feels like a private club dining room and is quiet and removed from the street, it feels luxurious and casual at the same time. The food was excellently prepared and very professionally served. It was a bit pricier than we had planned on but not out of keeping with the quality of food and service. Quite a delightful find.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Not a great choice of fish the night we were there and the restaurant is more like an old fashioned tea room. The evening was made more fun by the waiter who was amusing and very efficient

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Because I live locally I have passed this place a billion times but last week I decided to meet a friend there for a pint and some bar food. The Lord Edward is up there with the Long Hall and McDaids as Dublin's 'authentic' Iris pubs that didn't commit to a chrome and leather overhaul during the boom years. 'Authentic' Irish / Dublin pub is an underestimate when describing The Lord Edward in my opinion, the Lord Edward is abound in charm and character and when you step inside you know you're somewhere really special, it's a completely different experience compared to any other 'authentic Irish pub' in Dublin. During our visit we had bar food in the upstairs lounge, the best bar food I have had in a long time. I had lasagna and my friend had fresh cod and chips. First of all, the servings were huge, really big portions with more fries than any reasonable human could have eaten, same with the fresh cod, tons of fries. One could even say too many perhaps, through we did eventually eat them all :) My lasagna was awesome, thick, rich, creamy but not too heavy with a fine helping of melted cheese over the top. The fresh cod, as described my by friend was 'beautiful and cooked to perfection' I am heading back this week, one of the locals recommended the Irish stew, said it was the best in town. In terms of value for money, we paid €21:00 between us, just for food and we didn't eat another thing that day, we cant recommend this place highly enough for great bar food, great pint, great location and a completely different / authentic pub experience.

2  Thank Joe E
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My favourite restaurant in Dublin since 1987! Fresh seafood, my favourite is the grilled turbot on the bone. The restaurant is on the 3rd floor and is great for a quiet lunch. Old world athmosphere is
charming and service is personal and attentive.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were recommended this by a local resident and it was a good experience. The food was good if not a bit overpriced. We eat out 3 times and this was the most expensive. But service was good and the two waiters were a joy to talk with. Hard to realise there was a restaurant here as it is upstairs but it is worth the visit.