“A1 Food and Service”

Baan Thai Ballsbridge
Ranked #153 of 2,690 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai Cuisine, Warm Thai Ambience, and Truly Thai Hospitality.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Fantastic food at very reasonable price. Two courses for 20 euro in Dublin. Seafood soup was excellent as was the Jungle Curry which was nicely hot. Very good service to boot. Highly recommended

1  Thank darrelsutton

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I walked by this place every day and only noticed it after friends pointed it out. As it was rumored to be as good as in Thailand, we were eager to try this place. We walked in on a Tuesday night, without making a reservation but this was no problem. The place
has an authentic feeling and good atmosphere. Only 1 or 2 tables remained empty which I thought was impressive on a Tuesday night with the world cup on. We got some delicious crackers, and we all ordered 1 main. The portions were huge and although a little bit more expensive then your average Thai restaurant, it was worth it. The dishes I tasted ( special fried rice and prawn noodles) delivered on flavor and presentation.
During the meal the staff was attentive and always ready to address any questions around the meals. They're aware some dishes are a bit spicy and they do warn you about this while ordering.
Overall this was a pleasant experience and I'll more then likely return.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Tom Yam soup and Chicken Red Curry just like fire... just as I like it!
There again after a year and still Baan Thai is on my Top 5 Thai restaurant in Dublin...

Good variety of food and vine, cosy atmosphere and outstanding service!

See you soon! :)

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband loves spicy food. And Baan Thai means serious spice. All dishes are not extremely hot so I was able to enjoy my dinner as well.) We had excellent main courses and appetizers. Would definitely recommend Baan Thai.

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Been there on the 10th of December 2013 with my family. It is a small place, though slightly over-rated. Though the food is excellent, the service and the decor need be worked on. The steamed fish was really delicious, especially with jasmine rice. The starters were good too. The dessert menu was rather thin for choices. I have been persuaded to be back here, but will not be motivated to do so unless I come in a group. Great food anyway.