“Hit and miss lunch”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Temple Bar
Description: Toscana City Centre recently awarded the Good Food Ireland Best Grow It Yourself Restaurant in Ireland. Ideally located in the heart of Dublin with a view towards Dublin Castle on the edge of Temple Bar. Toscana takes inspiration from our organic gardens in Co Wicklow to bring the spirit of Italian cooking into our kitchens right here in the City. At the heart of Toscana lies a celebration of food that is fresh, natural and unpretentious, elevating traditional and modern cooking into flavours our customers love. Our chef/Proprietor grows home-grown fruit salads vegetables and herbs from his family farm-house in Co Wicklow and brings to Dublin City Centre fresh daily by the seasons. Toscana has become an icon for pre theatre diners great family gatherings. From couples to groups, corporate to friends. There is a seat for everyone in our farm to table restaurant. Buon appetito!
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit and miss lunch”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had the lunch deal on a Saturday afternoon - a starter and main with a soft drink or water for €10 or €12.95, depending on which dish you choose. Great value. I got the suppli to start which was delicious, although I guess the person taking my order thought I ordered soup and brought that to the table. Whoops. Also I wasn't intending on getting both a starter and a main, but when I ordered my main I was pretty much told that I would have to order a starter. (The lunch deal was the only menu at that time, no other menus were given.) I said that I didn't mind paying the same amount for just my main since I wasn't really hungry enough for both but then I gave up and chose the suppli since I felt embarrassed.

Ordered a frozen margarita with lunch but after a short wait they came back to tell me there was no triple sec available so I decided on a mojito instead. It was alright. Tasted primarily of white rum (Bacardi?). The sugar settled in the bottom. Not a great drink.

I had a 12" pizza as my main with spinach, onions and mushrooms. Quite a big portion, which is always a good thing! It was tasty but I wasn't blown away. I'm not sure if they do set/signature pizzas but I imagine that would raise it up from being average to really good. Throw some special toppings onto that nice base.

I would try this restaurant again for dinner as I imagine the other dishes are probably great. Overall my lunch experience was average. I was there with a group of friends, two thought the bruschetta was super garlicky, one thought the pizza was dry, everyone else said their food was really good, so I guess it was a hit and miss afternoon.

• Visited February 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
“Staff are not great!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here, mid Feb, with a friend. Had to ask for water, a menu and bread. Drinks took ages to come and we were the only people in the place. We ordered 3 courses but after eating main we cancelled desert - this was a problem as we were told that it was already in the system! I don't care if it is in a system I didn't want it! Staff let the place down for us, food was decent. May return as the lunch menu is good value.

Portarlington, Ireland
“Fab meal”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a beautiful meal here on Saturday evening. Food was fab, service great and atmosphere lovely, will definitely return! We had the early bird which is excellent value.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing place!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Dublin for a night and found this lovely resturant! Was on my own, but the staff were very nice and welcoming! Menu has a great selection!!! Food was served in a timely and great manner! A gem of a place!!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Recommended”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our group arrived before our reservation time but this was not a problem and we were seated straight away. This restaurant has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and is a great place to catch up with friends over food. We went for the early bird menu which is good value as portion sizes were quite generous. After two courses of starters and mains each, three of us sharing a sticky toffee pudding, which was delicious, was enough. The staff were friendly and attentive and if Italian food is your thing this place is for you.

• Visited January 2013