“Party of 25 persons - Excellent service, and fine food”
Review of ely gastro bar - CLOSED

ely gastro bar
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The successfully trading ely gastro bar,c, will close its doors on Monday 19th January. Following the withdrawal of Danske Bank from the Irish market, the property was put up for sale on June 6th, 2014 and is now confirmed as sold. Ely gastro bar has successfully traded in Grand Canal Square since opening its doors in 2007 and has received many awards and accolades for its commitment to food provenance and service, plus widespread recognition for its selection of craft beers, cocktails and, of course, wines over the past seven years.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We organized a diner with 25 customers. They had prepared a menu with 3 choices including a starter, main course and desert. With Wine, Guinness and water we paid about 50EUR per person.
The food was fine and the wine also very fine. The place was perfect to have a conversation with a large group of people. It was absolutely not noisy. The timing between the courses was perfect. It did not feel that we had to wait too long to be served and we were absolutely not rushed neither. The service was impressive !

I absolutely recommend this place for a company event (or private).

There are newer reviews for ely gastro bar

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Ate here before we attended a show in the Bord Gais Energy theatre which is conveniently located across the road. The views are stunning from the front if the weather allows for al fresco dining. The atmosphere in the lounge itself was very relaxing and sophisticated and comfortable. The servers were extremely attentive to every detail. They have a extensive wine menu albeit a little pricy. The food was delicious. It is definitely a gastro pub but presentation and taste were that of a top restaurant. I will definitely return.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was very warm to walk in on a rainy Irish night. Very nice wine list. Delicious cream of mushroom soup and a wonderful quiche hit the spot. Our waiter hailed from France which I thought was very funny as I was waiting for a brogue, but he was delightful and very thoughtful, even bringing me the name of the wine I was drinking. It was a very pleasant dinner and fairly priced. There is not too much to choose from in the area, so this was a nice find. It is within walking distance to the Maldron Hotel, Cardiff Lane.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Ely was not far from my hotel, and I came across it accidentally. My friend and I were able to just walk in and get a table, even though it was very busy. It's a gastro-pub, with emphasis on local fare. I had the organic beef burger, which was excellent. They have a terrific wine list, and I had a glass of a lovely cab sav which was an excellent accompaniment to the food. Lots of people, good energy, great service, and it's right by the Grand Canal. I had a great experience there and wished I had time to return.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The waiters were very professional... The stories they told about the fresh catch of the day, made us order several portions... The story was " the fisherman called at 2am to our chef and told about the great catch..." The lamb was very delicious!