“Do not let the name fool you - great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Stop
Ranked #820 of 2,529 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Stavanger, Norway
“Do not let the name fool you - great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stumbled over the Pizza Stop by chance and loved everything about it! Small authentic place with a real "Lady and the tramp" athmosphere. Great food (we tried pasta and pizza), great service and overall a good experience. Reasonable priced, as well. Will be back for more next time I visit Dublin.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank KDTStavanger_Norway

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Friendly staff. Quick service, and a reasonable bill. It is a little small and cramped but I knew this. Very tight space in the ladies restroom, if you are above a size 20, be prepared to breathe in!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Teresa L
Muscat, Oman
“Excellent Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

The food was really good. We had the Penne Seciliana, Ministroni soup and pizza. Truly excellent. Very hospitable owner and great service.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Waleed A
Maputo, Mozambique
“Great Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I visited Pizza Stop regularly when I lived in Dublin and recently went back for a visit. I was delighted to find the restaurant still open and see that nothing much has changed. From the red and white tablecloths to the beautiful fresh pizza, it was delightful. This is just the place to relax and have a great pizza or pasta and a glass of wine. I like their selection of Italian wines, but opted for an ice cold Nastro Azzuro this time!
The service was good even though we had to wait a bit for the bill, I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ECVP
Dublin, Ireland
“Go Somewhere Else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

There are plenty of other nice pizza restaurants in Dublin, so my advice is to go to one of them. I went here with my family for a birthday celebration. I had never been before, I knew as soon as I walked into it that it wasn't the restaurant for me. The decor is really dated and while the front part of the restaurant may atempt to pull off a rustic feel, the back part, where we were put, is dim, dull and pretty grim.

I had made a booking but when we got there it was clear that this had been overlooked/forgotten about and thus we were placed in the grim back part of the restaurant. The service was attrocious, we ordered starters and mains and had to enquire about the length of time it took both of these courses to be served. The food itself wasn't great at all. The pizzas in the likes of Cafe Bar Deli, Cafe Topolis even Milanos are of a much better quality than here.

I would not recommend this restaurant and I will not return to it.

Visited February 2012