“Food food food”

Millstone Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Millstone Restaurant is located at the heart of the city centre on Dame street, directly opposite the central bank. Specialising in steaks, they offer 7 different cuts of meat with a great variety of other choices on their a la carte & early bird / set menu. With live background music 7 nights a week, Millstone has this unique ambience, perfect for couples dining by candlelight or for large group of friends using their private mezzanine that can take up to 30 people. Millstone Restaurant also offers an extensive gluten free menu. A great variety of choice and the comfort of knowing that their professional kitchen and waiting staff are highly trained in this area.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Food food food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Myself and the wife were walking back towards our appt. and stumbled across the millstone. Good choice of food at reasonable price.

We decided to go back for our last night in Dublin for a steak. Well what a treat, the steaks were both amazing, a little pricey but well worth it as we started eating!! If you like a great steak try it out!!!

Friendly and attentive staff too, nice to see my fellow chefs doing their stuff to a high standard and in full view too if you are lucky to be nr the kitchen/ pass.

Andy Whittingham

2 Thank AndyWhitt7343

• Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Very Good, as always!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my better half went there last night to celebrate 7 years together. We ordered a nice middle priced (€35)bottle of Shiraz , which was very good, and ordered our food off the set price menu, which was excellent quality with great portions. Great food, great drink and a beautiful lady...what more could a guy want??
To cap it off there was lovely mellow live music and the service was first rate. We even got a free shot to celebrate our anniversary. Cant recommend this place enough. Fantastic, as always!!

1 Thank Emmet G
“Great lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend. Excellent food. Good portion size. Attentive server. House wine is fantastic. Would recommend for informal meetings

Lucerne, Switzerland
“Not vegan-friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant has two vegetarian-options. As a vegan i ordered the spinach pasta without ricotta. (The whole menu was vegan expect for the ricotta cheese.) What i got was the pasta with ricotta. They replaced it with a new one. In the menucard it was written that it is with a basil pesto. BUT there was a creamsauce on it. If all were not enough there was an air draught during the whole dinner. It was kind of cold. At least they had some cool livemusic.

1 Thank tous_gre
Bury, United Kingdom
“Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here on our last evening of our trip to Dublin. We had walked past in the afternoon and saw the set menu which looked incredible value for money at €24.95 each for 3 courses.
The restuarant has a lovely feel as soon as you go in with live music, candlelit tables, lovely interesting old building with decor deliberately done to the style of the building. Olives and still or sparkling water are complimentary while you look at the menu. I had the stuffed Yorkshire pudding to start and my partner had mussels both were absolutely perfect. The beef in my Yorkshire pudding was delicious. We both had trio of beef for our main, I like mine very well done and he likes his medium and again it was perfect. I rarely order beef when I eat out as unless it's done how I like it I don't enjoy it but this was the nicest I have ever eaten out and my other half said the exact same about his. Then I had baileys cheesecake for dessert and he had the chocolate brownie. They both gorgeous!!!
I thought the service was great, our waitresses were very friendly and helpful and recommended the desserts to us. I would not hesitate to recommend the restuarant to anyone and would call back here if I'm in Dublin again. It was our favourite meal during our stay in the city

• Visited July 2014