“Perfect!!!”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Millstone Restaurant is located at the heart of the city centre on Dame street, directly opposite the central bank. Specialising in steaks, they offer 7 different cuts of meat with a great variety of other choices on their a la carte & early bird / set menu. With live background music 7 nights a week, Millstone has this unique ambience, perfect for couples dining by candlelight or for large group of friends using their private mezzanine that can take up to 30 people. Millstone Restaurant also offers an extensive gluten free menu. A great variety of choice and the comfort of knowing that their professional kitchen and waiting staff are highly trained in this area.
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here on our last evening of our trip to Dublin. We had walked past in the afternoon and saw the set menu which looked incredible value for money at €24.95 each for 3 courses.
The restuarant has a lovely feel as soon as you go in with live music, candlelit tables, lovely interesting old building with decor deliberately done to the style of the building. Olives and still or sparkling water are complimentary while you look at the menu. I had the stuffed Yorkshire pudding to start and my partner had mussels both were absolutely perfect. The beef in my Yorkshire pudding was delicious. We both had trio of beef for our main, I like mine very well done and he likes his medium and again it was perfect. I rarely order beef when I eat out as unless it's done how I like it I don't enjoy it but this was the nicest I have ever eaten out and my other half said the exact same about his. Then I had baileys cheesecake for dessert and he had the chocolate brownie. They both gorgeous!!!
I thought the service was great, our waitresses were very friendly and helpful and recommended the desserts to us. I would not hesitate to recommend the restuarant to anyone and would call back here if I'm in Dublin again. It was our favourite meal during our stay in the city

1  Thank Ohsomanyquestions

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We ate here after searching for a restaurant. To get to the point, we expected the food to be pretty amazing from the menu but it wasn't. It wasn't horrible, but it was small portions and expensive for what we ate and pretty average. Such a shame as the atmosphere could have been great.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Nice decor & friendly staff. Was seated in a draft but this was ok. Ordered seafood chowder as a starter which arrived cold and was sent back. Main course was good quality, for which I ordered a fillet steak and enjoyed. The steak was cooked exactly to order and had good flavor. My colleague ordered fish and chips which was not good quality. Two coffees took 15 minutes to bring after dinner which was then complementary. No draught beer available.

Wouldn't mind re-visiting [our first time here was better], but on this occasion a mediocre experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Booked a table here for myself, my boyfriend, my parents and my brother as a celebration of my Dad's birthday, before a show we were going to, as part of his gift. We were seated in a cosy area upstairs. We all went for the early bird/set menu at €25 each for two courses. All were happy with all courses chosen. I had a lovely glass of their Vina Garria Macabeo wine ... this was one of the nicest white wines I've ever tasted! Close to the end of our meal, it looked like my Dad was the only one feeling up to desert. My Mum said to the waiter casually, "the birthday boy is the only one that wants desert!" pointing at my Dad. He paid no heed and took the order. A few moments later he came up the desert with the cheesecake Dad had ordered with candles and himself and two other waiters proceeded to sing happy birthday to Dad, surprising all five of us! We weren't expecting this at all, considering the waiter couldn't quite understand us overly clearly a few times! I thought this was a very nice touch. Overall, the service was great, the food was very tasty and I'd definitely go back again! :)

1  Thank Suzywuzy22
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Interesting restaurant in an historic building - would love to know the history! What a bargin!!! 19.98 Euro for two courses! Service was lovely - relaxed and friendly - while the food was truly upscale!! Husband enjoyed Portabello Mushroom stuffed with mushroom pate and Chicken Kiev while I dined on Smoked Iriah Salmon Parcel and Goat Cheese Wellington - delicious meal!!!

1  Thank FotoPeg