“Dad's birthday dinner ...”

Millstone Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 2,591 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Millstone Restaurant is located at the heart of the city centre on Dame street, directly opposite the central bank. Specialising in steaks, they offer 7 different cuts of meat with a great variety of other choices on their a la carte & early bird / set menu. With live background music 7 nights a week, Millstone has this unique ambience, perfect for couples dining by candlelight or for large group of friends using their private mezzanine that can take up to 30 people. Millstone Restaurant also offers an extensive gluten free menu. A great variety of choice and the comfort of knowing that their professional kitchen and waiting staff are highly trained in this area.
Dublin
“Dad's birthday dinner ...”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Booked a table here for myself, my boyfriend, my parents and my brother as a celebration of my Dad's birthday, before a show we were going to, as part of his gift. We were seated in a cosy area upstairs. We all went for the early bird/set menu at €25 each for two courses. All were happy with all courses chosen. I had a lovely glass of their Vina Garria Macabeo wine ... this was one of the nicest white wines I've ever tasted! Close to the end of our meal, it looked like my Dad was the only one feeling up to desert. My Mum said to the waiter casually, "the birthday boy is the only one that wants desert!" pointing at my Dad. He paid no heed and took the order. A few moments later he came up the desert with the cheesecake Dad had ordered with candles and himself and two other waiters proceeded to sing happy birthday to Dad, surprising all five of us! We weren't expecting this at all, considering the waiter couldn't quite understand us overly clearly a few times! I thought this was a very nice touch. Overall, the service was great, the food was very tasty and I'd definitely go back again! :)

1 Thank Suzywuzy22

• Finnish first
Queens, New York
“Fabulous Dinner”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Interesting restaurant in an historic building - would love to know the history! What a bargin!!! 19.98 Euro for two courses! Service was lovely - relaxed and friendly - while the food was truly upscale!! Husband enjoyed Portabello Mushroom stuffed with mushroom pate and Chicken Kiev while I dined on Smoked Iriah Salmon Parcel and Goat Cheese Wellington - delicious meal!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank FotoPeg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good option for a pris fixe early dinner”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

On Dame Street, in the heart of Dublin and very near Temple Bar, the Millstone is in a great space that looks like a converted financial institution from the turn of the century. Their pre-theatre menu is a great value. And, starting at around 6 pm they have accoustic live music, a singer/guitar player that adds ambience without being overwhelming. I recommend the duo of Irish salmon and lemon sole. Excellent. I've eaten here a dozen times or so, and always enjoy my dinner and visit.

Hertfordshire
“Food!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Found this restaurant after wandering around looking fo somewhere to eat our evening meal in Dublin. It is a lovely place, beautifullyfdecorated - resident guitarist playing each evening. Had the set menu two courses for 19.95, very good also one of our party had a la carte which was delicious - seafood chowder and main of trio of fish. One extra point is bottled water, sparkling or still is provided free and you can have as much as you want also olives - most places charge for this. Definitely return again when in Dublin!

1 Thank ChrisFHertfordshire
Laois
“Good experience”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently enjoyed a meal in this restaurant. The food was very tasty, the staff were very good. Would definitely go back again

• Visited June 2014