“Favourite place I. Dundrum”
Review of The Port House

The Port House
Ranked #246 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Located at 64A South William Street this beautiful and solely candle lit wine cavern has been stripped back to its original features. As a traditional Spanish tapas bar it boasts a fantastic selection of authentic tapas. The Port House wine menu is varied and full of interesting wines, ports and sherries at a very reasonable price, carefully selected from Spanish and Portuguese regions. It is the ideal place for one to relax, enjoy some tapas with a glass of wine and soak up the ambiance that makes this spot a must try.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Such a nice setting, staff were lovely and the food was amazing, love going back each time I'm in Dundrum definitely the best pace to eat healthily.

There are newer reviews for The Port House

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having been to Pintxo a couple of times in the past, we thought we could give their sister restaurant a try. The menu looks the same. The food was just as tasty. Nice style, nice atmosphere, nice service, nice food. A place to go back to.

The only thing I would have preferred to be different was the lighting. Although it made for a cosy atmosphere, the orange lights made things look grey, including the food, which was a shame. Try some different cosy light. I don't think I have to tell any chef that grey food looks kinda sad, no matter how good it tastes.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I return here every month or so as it is the best value restuarant in Dublin city. Great selection of Tapas at reasonable prices. My other half is a coeliac and they cater very well for here with loads to choose from.
You always have to queue as they don't take reservations but it's never that long

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stumbled upon this place on a Sunday night after being somewhat let down by our original planned restaurant. Letting our stomachs rule we sat down not realising it was Tapas. Panic set in immediately as my husband had never experienced Tapas and my memory of it wasn't great. We shouldn't have worried. The food choices were vast and the portions generous (I would recommend the goats cheese and the chicken paella). The staff were more than attentive and polite. A very characteristic venue frequented by couples and groups of friends. A great end to our Ireland trip :)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you are looking for good authentic spanish fare in an informal yet intimate atmosphere, then this is your spot. The quality of the ingredients is very good. The menu has quite a lot to offer, both cold and hot dishes. There is also a nice choice for vegetarians. Make sure to head in early if you want a table. The place does not take any bookings and it gets really busy from 7pm. The staff are all really helpful though, and will advise on how long you may have to wait for a table.