“Great restaurant but wear fat pants!!”

Dunne and Crescenzi
Ranked #121 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I went to a birthday party here recently and the food was delicious. We had antipasti platters to start and I would've been happy to just eat from them all evening. It was a shame to hold back but I was glad I did when my main course of sea food risotto came out. I ate all the sea food but the dish was so huge that I could only eat half the risotto. You'd definitely need your fat pants if you wanted to eat all the food served up.

D&C is a lovely Italian restaurant with authentic Italian food. It's also very good value for money when you consider the quality of the food.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Excellent quality of food and wine and sizeable portions. Service traditionally Italian (we seemed to be getting in the way of our waiters Sunday night) but overall a good experience, very reasonably priced too. One thing that threw us all a bit was the layout of the menu, maybe consider restructuring it a bit.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and I had the most fantastic night in Dunne & Crescenzi, the meal was superb and great value for money. The service professional friendly while not intrusive, I cannot wait for my next visit. The waiter recommended an inexpensive soave classic which was delicious

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have to admit - some lazy Sundays, only a Dunne Crecenzi coffee with scrambled eggs, on home-made ciabatta, will do...This is my favourite restaurant when I am in Dublin. The ingredients are genuinely of the highest standard - proper organic free-range eggs, proper home-made bread, real olive oil...and the wine is always great. Most importantly, the coffee is, invariably, perfect.
Last trip I had Tuscan sausage in borlotti bean and tomato sauce with beautiful fresh bread on the side. The sauce was perfect, slow cooked with garlic and herbs, maybe a little too much sausage, but that is a matter of taste! the service can be slow, when they are busy, but the atmosphere is great - no matter how busy it is, the restaurant is laid out in such a way that you can hear each other speak. This makes it pefect for a lunch date or business meeting, and there is always a quite nook to have a glass of wine and read a book for the afternoon, which is what I ended up doing, after lunch and dessert and coffee.... it is true that the inviting food, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere can lure you into eating a lot more, and staying a lot longer than intended... At the very least, Dunne Crescenzi has the best coffee in Dublin.

1  Thank 967Ellie
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Situated close to Dublin's famous Trinity College and a few yards from Nassau Street, this is the real deal: a fabulous old Italian restaurant with delicious food and a great atmosphere.

We were there for Sunday lunch and found the place full, and Italian families at many of the tables – a great sign!

Almost all the staff members are Italian, and the walls are lined with bottles of Italian wine – I estimated around 1300 bottles in our dining area alone.

Lunch for the three of us was perfect – after the starters, a delicious plate of spaghetti with salad for me, followed by latté. We didn’t order alcohol, but were impressed to read that Dunne and Crescenzi offers a selection of more than 100 red wines, 50 whites and 7 rosés.

We had a great time. What a delightful, relaxed, stylish restaurant!