“Every time's a winner at Saba”
Review of Saba

Saba
Reserve with OpenTable
Saba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 2,719 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Saba, which means "happy meeting place" in Thai, serves authentic Thai and Vietnamese cuisine at reasonable prices in a setting described as "colonial meets contemporary". Saba is renowned for our delicious food, fantastic atmosphere and award winning cocktails that will tantalise your tastebuds. Saba is an award winning Thai and Vietnamese Eatery on Clarendon Street, in Dublin's city centre just off the main shopping area, Grafton Street. It is surrounded by fantastic pubs and clubs to start and end your night. We look forward to welcoming you on your visit. Sanook![Enjoy!]
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Every time we are in Dublin we have to go back to Saba, just one of the best and most original restaurants anywhere, so wonder that it is so packed all the time, the only downside sometimes is that it is almost too popular. The food is highly unusual and the quality has always been excellent, the hake in red curry wrapped in a banana leaf is especially good, but the greatest difficulty is that everything sounds so tempting that it is genuinely difficult to choose. Service is friendly from a young staff. We were only in Dublin for three nights and went twice during our visit, doesn't that tell you something. If you have a chance try some banter with Peter, the manager, talk about never being lost for a word, or, is his case, several. He is a star, as is Paul the owner. The cookbook coming out this this week should be a Christmas must buy.

1  Thank lordofthepieslondon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed November 21, 2011

The food in the Thai restaurant is amazing to say the least I really enjoyed it. The staff on the other hand were not so amazing. We were rushed through our meal the second we got in the door. We ordered and within 5 minutes our starters were out. they were cleared the second we finished and within 5 minutes of that our main course was out! This is not enough time. When I go out for dinner I go to relax and enjoy the company that I'm in but I could not do that here. It's such a pity as the food is so good!

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Saba is THE best place to get some grub in the city centre. Have met collegues here loads and have recently brought my (very fussy eater) mother.
I can honestly not say enough about the food, service and atmosphere in here.
The Lunch deal is brilliant and while some places cut back on portion size to make up for the cheap food, in Saba you come out feeling full, but not sick.
Every person ive brought here loves the food, its fresh and tasty and made to order.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I ate here with friends on a Saturday evening, we had booked in advance and were told 6 pm was the only reservation available. When we arrived we still had to wait 20 minutes. I think if you have booked in advance and especially when you're obviously in for the first sitting that a wait of this length is very off putting. We were very conscious of the fact that we had to be out by 8 pm and I would have to say this took away from the whole experience. Although to be fair to the restaurant it was after 8 when they asked us to vacate the table.

The food was good and tasty and there was a fair choice on the menu. Once we had ordered the food arrived quickly.

The tables are very close together so we were quite aware of our conversation being overheard.

What perhaps annoyed me the most was that when the waiter took our money he assummed that the change was a tip and didn't come back to us with it. As the change amounted to over 15% of the bill I thought this was very presumptious of him and in fact we did think about going looking for our change.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very good Asian fusion food off the main shopping area. Nice, intimate space.