“Good value compared to competition”
Review of Fallon & Byrne

Fallon & Byrne
Ranked #139 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, European, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
New York City, New York
“Good value compared to competition”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

You can get a good main course for around ten euros. Probably the best value in the city. There is no tax or service charge. You just go up to the counter and choose what you would like....sort of a Wholefoods type model. Seating is basic bar stool type seating and usually available. If not, you can take your food down to the restaurant area in the basement. Staff are very friendly and want you to be happy. Coffee is very good and there is usually a good choice of desserts.
Now there is also a more formal restaurant which I haven't visited. Located in a very nice part of the city.

1 Thank josephfrancis77
FallonandByrne, Manager at Fallon & Byrne, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Fallon & Byrne - your positive feedback is very much appreciated by all of the team here.

• Polish first
Dublin
“Standard slipping”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Dine here last weekend. Quiet, sublitted atmosphere, service was slow. Between getting the request for my order and the first course arriving, it was almost 40min in between. Food was average, but bit pricey I think for the standard. Fair selections of wine may kind of gaining them some extra brownie points

• Visited September 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of Fallon & Byrne. We're disappointed to hear that this was your experience in our Restaurant - you didn't receive the type of service we pride ourselves on and that makes our regular customers return to us. Your comments regarding food quality and waiting time have been followed up by our Restaurant manager and are very helpful to us in improving our offering. We hope to see you back in Fallon & Byrne again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
“Average”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We were a walk-in for lunch. It was before 1pm and the place was very quiet. I asked for one of the empty window tables but was told fairly bluntly that they were all booked. The one I'd requested was still empty when we left, and it wasn't the only one. I ordered the seafood linguine, listed as containing cockles and mussels and a third shellfish I can't remember. It arrived with shell-less shellfish and crumbled salmon. I don't like salmon, and asked to see the menu again. When I pointed out that the dish wasn't as described I was offered a replacement, but not an explanation or apology. The replacement (braised beef tortellini) arrived fairly quickly and was good, but the indifferent attitude of the (apparently) senior staff made us loose interest. We ate up, paid and left within 15mins.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of Fallon & Byrne. We're very upset to hear that this was your experience in our Restaurant - you didn't receive the type of service we pride ourselves on and that keeps our regular customers coming back again and again. Your comments have been followed up on by our Restaurant manager and are very helpful to us in improving our service in future.
Navan, Ireland
“Fantastic food in a great location”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently booked this restaurant for a business dinner and found it to be excellent. There were six of us in the group and not one of us could find fault.
I had the black pudding salad to start and it was very good. My main course however was mouth watering. I had the rib eye steak cooked medium. It was so soft and tender that it nearly melted in your mouth. I would not be able to tell the difference between it and a fillet steak it was that good.
The wine we had was also very good and was very reasonably priced. All in all it is a very good restaurant. Large an airy with tables very well spaced. There is a nice selection of Whiskey if you like an after dinner drink.
I will definately book this restaurant again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Fallon & Byrne, it's very much appreciated by all of the team here.
Indianola, Iowa
“The food was good, albeit perhaps a bit pricey.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was one of the two restaurants recommended by our hotel and we found it good overall. The food was good though not spectacular, and I felt it was a bit pricey. The space is very large and the atmosphere bustling but somewhat noisy. I wouldn't go there for a quiet, intimate evening but it was a nice conclusion to a day of traveling.

Visited September 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for Fallon & Byrne, it's very much appreciated by all of the team here.