“Intimate, popular”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A few yards away from the Shelbourne, the Conrad and the Fitzwilliam hotel, La Mère Zou was opened in 1994 and specializes in Classic French Cuisine; we also offer a large selection of fish and seafood selected directly from the local fishmarket. At La Mère Zou you can relax in a warm, familial atmosphere while enjoying the very best in cuisine and service. Our unique decor and simple seasonal food have made us a byword for fine dining in the centre of Dublin.
Andover, United Kingdom
“Intimate, popular”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is one classy French restaurant in which as a lone female diner you feel as important as couples or groups. It is very small which lends an air of intimacy but I like that and makes it cosy. It's not cheap but it's worth every cent for unusual food/flavour combinations. I had the scallops followed by halibut. It's relaxed and comfortable and never fails to accommodate me when I drop in on the off chance. I love it.

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had a lovely meal here last night. The special menu was great value and food was excellent. I would highly recommend.

Visited January 2014
Dublin
“Excellent French flare”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here two-three weeks before Christmas. It was mid week and the place was packed. The dishes were all delicious. The calamari starter was well seasoned and tasty. The venison was very well cooked also. Crete brûlée polished the meal off beautifully. The wines are moderately expensive. The waitress was very helpful and attentive without being overbearing.
Would recommend and look forward to visiting again.

Visited December 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Le Mere Zou Revisited”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I reviewed this restaurant two years ago and so when my friends decided to go there for a pre Christmas lunch, I was looking forward to it. I was not disappointed.
Even though it was the week before Christmas and they were very busy, the food was beautifully cooked and presented and the staff courteous and attentive.
I was glad to see that standards had not dropped and would recommend it highly for both lunch and dinner.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Miriam L
Meadville, Pennsylvania
“Interesting food well presented”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went with a group of friends and had to be seated at two tables as they did not have a table large enough to accommodate our group. The wait staff handled this very well and it was not too much of a problem. The food was for the most part good and well presented. The first course seemed to be the only thing that most of our group did not care for even though we had different things. The atmosphere was fairly quite and refined. The servers were just okay. I did not have a bad evening here but I'm not sure that I wouldn't try somewhere else in the future.

• Visited September 2013