“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Mere Zou - CLOSED

La Mere Zou
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A few yards away from the Shelbourne, the Conrad and the Fitzwilliam hotel, La Mère Zou was opened in 1994 and specializes in Classic French Cuisine; we also offer a large selection of fish and seafood selected directly from the local fishmarket. At La Mère Zou you can relax in a warm, familial atmosphere while enjoying the very best in cuisine and service. Our unique decor and simple seasonal food have made us a byword for fine dining in the centre of Dublin.
Kilbaha
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Dined here recently. The food quality is excellent, my only compalint (very minor) is the portion sizes are a little on the mean side. I wouldn't let that stop me from returning in the future. Our starters, main courses and deserts were very good. While none of us left hungry, neither were we full. Perhaps this is normal for France. The service was excellent and the restaurant was full of customers - always a good sign. I wouldn't hesitate to return and try some of the other menu items.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
“Food and service perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We visit Dublin on a regular basis and often wander pass thinking it looks nice. So we thought we'd try it. We wasn't dissapointed. The food was perfect, wine excellent and service top class.

• Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely meal..... but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I visited La Mere Zou for the first time last night having passed it on a regular basis. Having read the reviews I was looking forward to trying it out. Food and drinkwise I was certainly not disappointed. Was there for the early bird with some friends. We were looking forward to catching up over a nice meal and a bottle of wine. Our only qualm with the place was that the service was just a little bit too fast! I know most folk complain about places where the service is too slow but I believe there is a happy medium where you are given time to digest one course before the next arrives. I suspect the reason for the fast service was because we were on early bird menu and they were aiming to get us out as quickly as possible. Having said that our meals were delicious and we would definitely recommend the place.

• Visited August 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Excellent food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Really lovely food in a nice setting. It manages to be "formal dining" yet captures the atmosphere of a bistro which I really like. Lovely service - they offered to close the door when I said there was a draft. Very friendly and relaxed.

Food is really delicious. I had a bavette steak which was beautifully cooked and lovely potato dauphiois - Not over seasoned. Glasses of wine are reasonably priced. Early bird is great value - 26.50 for 3 courses and you can have one of the specials for a small additional cost which is a great idea - take the rigidity out of the early bird option... Lunch is 20 euros for 2 courses which again represents great value.

Will be back.

• Visited August 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was the second time I've visited this restaurant and I'll keep coming back at every opportunity, very friendly, knowledgable staff who do everything they can to make your dining experience special, food and wine excellent - didn't want to leave - can't wait to return.

• Visited March 2013