“Super!”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A few yards away from the Shelbourne, the Conrad and the Fitzwilliam hotel, La Mère Zou was opened in 1994 and specializes in Classic French Cuisine; we also offer a large selection of fish and seafood selected directly from the local fishmarket. At La Mère Zou you can relax in a warm, familial atmosphere while enjoying the very best in cuisine and service. Our unique decor and simple seasonal food have made us a byword for fine dining in the centre of Dublin.
Bergerac, France
“Super!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Dinner for 2 on a busy Friday night, charming waitresses and perfect food. We would love to see more restaurants like that in France. Scallops and asparagus starter was top class, sirloin steak cooked to perfection and wine recommendations very wise. Can only recommend this place.

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“So Disappointing”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Firstly let me start by being positive. The waitresses were very charming and service was very good. Presentation of food was simply beautiful. My problem - the food. I was so so disappointed. I brought 3 friends here on the strength of the written reviews the restaurant received. We had the early bird. I had the Duck Rillette - it was nice but nothing special. My friend had the Tempura Haddock she said it was very bland, such a shame as the fish was perfectly done. For mains one of our table had the Roasted Chicken breast which he said was lovely. I had the Seared Cod and simply put it was really slimy and there was a piece of broken shell and a bloodspot in the poached egg, so I left most of it behind. My friend had the Bavette Steak - it was so tough even though it was only medium cooked. I was holding out for dessert - I am a huge fan of Creme Brulee - again so disappointed - left half of it behind - again bland. When I went to the bathroom I saw Tom Doorley's review from 2011 saying La Mere Zou was one of the best places to eat in Dublin, clearly something has changed since then?Unfortunately I won't be returning. It is such a shame.

2 Thank Shamrockin12
Dublin
“Disappointed - going downhill?”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

As my birthday treat, my husband has brought me to La Mere Zoe for the last 4 years. Previously we have throughly enjoyed this restaurant and in particular it's delicious food!

On this occasion, we left slightly disappointed in the food. I ordered scallops starter and then a chicken main. I found both overdone, the scallops were just on the verge if rubbery and the chicken was a tiny bit dry. My husband had lobster and Marie Rose sauce for starter, which was too spicy and overwhelmed the lobster. For mains he had a lovely hake dish.

With all that said, we did throughly enjoy our evening and our waitress was ever so pleasant and not intrusive.

We will more then likely visit this restaurant again but not on a busy Friday night.

1 Thank liverpoolfan27
Kildare
“Very enjoyable food, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Recently visit La Mere Zou with some work friends for dinner. This was my third time in this restaurant and it was very enjoyable indeed. The staff are very attentive and friendly. The service is great and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The fish dishes are delicious. There are specials each day and the choices are quite varied. The only one complaint I have is that there is only one toilet each in the Ladies and Gents, however, that is the only complaint. I will definitely be back again.

Dublin, Ireland
“French food in the middle of Dublin”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent restaurant. First visit was Christmas party dinner with friends. Have been back many time since. Cosy French atmosphere with some music occasionally. Attentive and friendly waiter/waitress. Very knowledgeable when I have queries/needing suggestion for wine. Had the best white wine ever. Delicious french fare with farmhouse style, not too pretentious. Good portion. Definitely recommend.

• Visited January 2013