“girls weekend”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A few yards away from the Shelbourne, the Conrad and the Fitzwilliam hotel, La Mère Zou was opened in 1994 and specializes in Classic French Cuisine; we also offer a large selection of fish and seafood selected directly from the local fishmarket. At La Mère Zou you can relax in a warm, familial atmosphere while enjoying the very best in cuisine and service. Our unique decor and simple seasonal food have made us a byword for fine dining in the centre of Dublin.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Brenda and friends visited this restaurant this afternoon,we had the most amazing lunch.the food was excellent,i had the hake which is the best i ever had,my friends went for rib eye steaks they were very juicy and cooked to order,the cheese board is a must after lunch a lovely selection,served with crackers and lovely french bread,our waitress Dorothy was very plesent and very informative about wine and menu.this restaurant is well worth visiting,you will not be disapointed,this restaurant is first on our list when we are in the city again

DCM1982, Public Relations Manager at La Mere Zou, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

From Eric Tydgadt, Owner of La mere Zou; Thank you! We look forward to welcoming all you girls back!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We ate here last week, it was nice tasty food, my duck however was too salty and I should have sent it back but i was starving as we had been out exploring all day and I didn't want any delays,

The staff are pleasant but appear bored, I'm in business myself and can spot this a mile away, the smile is there but it appears a little forced,

The restaurant itself is very pleasant but you can smell the toilets on the way in, we had a nice bottle of wine but it was pricey for what we had, I think they shoud look at their wine menu from a value point of view.

Worth a visit but only for early bird.

1  Thank rhysethan

From Eric Tydgadt, Owner of La mere Zou; thank you for your review; we are sorry if the Duck was not to you liking; the Duck is a wild Salt-Marsh Duck so it can be a little salty to some palettes. As regards price; it is clear that from the recent food scandals across Europe that for quality you have to pay, yet we offer great value too. I was looking at the places you ate at in Dublin, but you only mention one other restaurant in the tourist trap of Temple Bar. I think for you to gage how we sit in the market you need to have more experience of Dublin. Our three course table' d'hote menu is 35 euro and has four starters, five mains and four desserts listed on it, you may also choose to include any of the specials from the blackboard which gives you even greater choice. This compares with a close neighbour restaurant at 39.50 euro for a three course menu but it has only two choices per course; or another close by restaurant that offers no set menu at all and the starters range from 10 to 25 euros. So for the area we offer the best value all round.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were lucky enough to be visiting Dublin for the Ireland v England game. On the Saturday before the match we went to La Mère Zou, a renowned French restaurant. The staff are exclusively French. Wonderful atmosphere. Really perfect for romantic tête à tête. My husband had the Oeufs Meurette followed by the Sirloin Steak. I went for the Frogs legs. They came prepared like Tempura prawns and were really great! I followed with the Turbot and I certainly was not disappointed. We finished with cheese. All the best French cheese including my favourite Roquefort. We drank a great bottle of red Domaine de l'Hortus. We would go back to visit again.

From Eric Tydgadt, Owner of La mere Zou; thank you so much for your very good review! We would be delighted to welcome you back; only next time we hope Ireland wins, unless they are playing France!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Overall it was a good restaurant,my plate was very good but a bit salted (but depends on the person) and the expresso had no typical "crema" when arrived at the table (But thats normal in Dublin they dont know how to take a proper expresso).

From Eric Tydgadt, Owner of La mere Zou; thank you for your review, we will try harder with our espressos in future and make sure we are the best in Dublin.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend away in Dublin. We were taken to this restaurant on Saturday night. Super place, good ambience, varied menu, great attentive staff. Good value and delicious food, will return !!!

From Eric Tydgadt, Owner of La mere Zou; thank you for your review; I suppose you'll have to return the favour next time and bring you friends back and we will be delighted to welcome you! Thank you again!