“'A Little Gem'”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A few yards away from the Shelbourne, the Conrad and the Fitzwilliam hotel, La Mère Zou was opened in 1994 and specializes in Classic French Cuisine; we also offer a large selection of fish and seafood selected directly from the local fishmarket. At La Mère Zou you can relax in a warm, familial atmosphere while enjoying the very best in cuisine and service. Our unique decor and simple seasonal food have made us a byword for fine dining in the centre of Dublin.
Dublin
“'A Little Gem'”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My other half and I booked for lunch on the 5th and what an enjoyable experience it was. Fantastic food,buzzy atmosphere and excellent service. As a vegetarian and considering it's a French restaurant, I felt my menu choices were really good. My other half enjoyed the goats cheese starter, a perfectly cooked medium steak and we both finished off with a cheeseboard which worked so well with the very good house red wine. We will be back soon.

• Turkish first
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great staff, amazing food. They really know how to cook meat and the wine selection was wonderful. We eat out a lot and both me and my boyfriend enjoyed ourselves very much.

Dundalk Ireland
“A little bit of France on the Green!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We became aware of this restaurant through buying a "Rewarding Times" voucher from the Irish Times newspaper and used it yesterday at lunchtime. What a delightful experience! The food was superb. We both had a delicious fish soup starter (perfect on a chilly early Autumn day) and then I had the best Duck Confit I have eaten outside of Paris.The deserts were innovative and scrumptious ( a Pumpkin Cheese cake!) Overall we were very impressed by the classy French style food,the friendly staff and general ambience. We will definetely return.

Newbridge, Ireland
“Perfection!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My Mum who lives in Belgium has dined here numerous times previously and decided to bring me here for lunch. Everything was absolutely perfect, from the lovely friendly staff to the best steak I've had in a long time. The set lunch menu is excellent - good variation and exceptional value. I look forward to coming back for an evening meal soon.

Dublin, Ireland
“Another gem on Stephen's Green.”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just had lunch there with my other half today 10 Oct. We had a three course lunch with a carafe of the house wine. The food was really lovely. Prepared and presented in the french style. My wife had chicken and I had rib eye steak...both lovely. I had a french cheeseboard to finish and my wife had a selection of sorbets. We finished up with coffee. Overall a very good dining experience and can understand why it is so highly rated. Well done to the team.