“A Ballsbridge Gem”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Located up a flight of stairs sandwiched between a very average Indian and a kebab shop, my expectations of Koishi were not high!

However I thought this restaurant was great. Not very busy - maybe everyone else is put off from the outside - but the service and the food were both excellent. Highly recommended and will definitely be back regularly. Guess I shouldn't have judged this book by its cover!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place serves terrific, fresh food and the service is also excellent. The only negative thing I have to say about the place is that I wish I had heard about it sooner. I know the Ballsbridge area well but am ashamed to say I only found out about this place quite recently. It was quiet when we visited but the food was exceptional. We tried Maki, Tempura, Teryiaki, it was all excellent. Dinner wasn't cheap but was good value for the quality of food served, wine was excellent also. I highly recommend this place and hope that they push their advertising a bit stronger in future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I adore this lovely restaurant. The staff are so nice and the food is always fab. They make wonderful sushi and lots of other deliciousness!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This Japanese restaurant appears to be virtually unknown, and is often quiet. Hidden away on a 1st floor near the American embassy, it's also hampered by not having a decent website. However, it's well worth a visit. The food is top quality, and the proprietors exceedingly nice and helpful. Sushi and tempura are magnificent, and the soft-shell spider crab roll is simply magnificent. I can't recommend the place enough.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Prior to visiting Koishi I held the view that eating rice, seaweed and raw fish was something best left to the Japanese but now I am a convert. This restaurant is on the first floor of an unimposing building in Ballsbridge which I have often passed however while searching on trip advisor for a place to eat recently I saw that this place had received generally good reviews and decided to try it. From the moment of entering the restaurant the owners were welcoming, friendly and guided us through the menu and in fact we left the choice of food up to them as we were novices in relation to Japanese food. The food choices were excellent from the tuna, sea bass and salmon carpaccio to the prawn tempura. Every dish was fresh tasting with delicate flavours and simple presentation. The Indian owners have a genuine desire for their patrons to enjoy the food and this is obvious from their demeanour and their enquiries as to our enjoyment of the food. We will return.