“Tasty food in relaxed bistro surroundings”
Review of Bijou Restaurant

Bijou Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bijou Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #677 of 2,756 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rathfarnham
Description: Located in the heart of Rathgar village, Bijou is a bistro in art deco style with an outside terrace perfect to enjoy a drink & relax. We source local & fresh products to serve what are now signature dishes. Our style is relaxed, open and friendly. Come for everyday’s lunch, weekend brunch, our famous 3 course evening meal or anything in between!
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We very much enjoyed out first meal at Bijou. The food was tasty: especially liked the sprouts with artichoke accompanying the chicken. Yes, portions are small, but I found I was more than content. Very pleasant bistro surroundings. Very attentive and friendly service.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I'm not usually a fan of meeting up for Xmas ! but I met up with a group of work colleagues on Friday for dinner at Bijou it was superb the menu was varied and interesting , I had Sheeps cheese tartlet the cheese was very tasty indeed followed by pork belly delicious to I loved the cabbage . As there was 8 of us we consumed a few bottles of Pinot Blanc .the atmosphere was buzzing & service friendly & efficient we will all be back soon for sure

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We where a party of four girls for dinner on Friday 14th of December. One of the girls can not eat certain things that have traces of fish, mushrooms in it, our service person Sharon explained in detail what was in each dish and checked also with the chef. Sharon was very attentive all evening keeping us topped up with wine and water. We all enjoyed our night ,good food and excellent service.
B.Carroll.

1  Thank Benmadigan
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Following on from a rugby match yesterday - we booked this bistro as it was recommended by our lovely B and B lady. As you would expect on a Saturday it was busy, with a great chatter about the place. I had a special starter of Scallops - simple and delicious, I followed with Roast Duck, great flavours and perfectly cooked - I watched the kitchen team from our table and it added to the atmosphere. A nice selection of wine on their list, all very reasonably priced - we went for a Spanish House. Service is lovely. A good little find in suburbia.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

So I have been here loads of times but recent family birthdays necessitated two visits in the past few weeks. There is a new head chef on board but I am sorry to report that the food and menu has taken a turn for the worse. Last visit I opted for the posh version of bangers and mash and it was very disappointing. The paltry serving of mash was soaked to death by over rich gravy and topped with 3 burnt rubbery sausages. Previously I had the steak which was very mediocre with a very expensive price tag. On the plus side, the staff are very friendly and efficient but will not be returning again (If I can help it) due to the poor quality of food.

3  Thank Louise B