“A nice treat in Dublin”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Food and atmosphere were super, made even better by an excellent waiter and great staff. A nice alternative to the typical fair nearby.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

for 10 years I have passed Bella Cuba with the intention of going for a meal, after recently returning from vacation in Cuba I had to go.

Went not knowing much about the menu and were hugely impressed with the mix of cuba and Afro-Caribbean options. Our waiter Leonardo gave us two menus, he early bird and a la carte, we opted for the early bird, 2 courses and a cocktail for €20.

The food we had was excellent and the portions were huge something unusual with early bird menus, the mojito that I had was incredible and very strong just like those I experienced in Cuba.

I will definitely be returning in the very near future and can't recommend highly enough

2  Thank Paul R
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went here for my birthday with my family and I had a great time. Cuban food is nice and light and everything I had here really was delicious (especially the tostones, which is friend bananas to those of you out there who don't know what that is!). The waitress was so friendly there as well! I really would recommend this to anyone who just wants a nice meal. And also the food was good value and the restaurant wasn't packed. I really recommend this place.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ate at this lovely little restaurant on a Thursday evening having walked past its small door many times but never ventured up the stairs.
I'm so glad that we did because we had a wonderful meal in a bright and colourful room decorated with many Cuban artefacts.
To start we had the mixed starter plate with fried plantain, meatballs, croqettes, sausage and a really tasty Guacamole, there was plenty of food with varied flavours for both of us.
For mains I ordered Prawns with a typical Caribbean sauce called Sofrito and it was delicious a bit like Jamacian jerk sauce but more subtle, it was served on a bed of champ and plated with salad.
My dining companion had the Lamb Shank which was very big and equally tasty and fell off the bone as you would expect. The rice and black bean side was presented free of charge and was a nice toucjh.
We drank a couple of Cuban beers one dark and one light called I think Cristal and Cubanero and they were a good match for the food.
The staff were friendly and informative for people unfamiliar with the cuisine and the decor really lifts the mood.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Spending a night in Dublin and wanting to make it count I stumbled into bellacuba. So very glad I did lovely atmosphere fantastic service and Devine food. The beer was nice too... Highly recommend This for adults. I probably would not bring my young children but would make a lovely intimate meal venue.