Tripadvisor
Dublin
Post
Inbox
Search

“Birthday Dinner, Lack of attention”
Review of Sophie's

Sophie's
Reserve a Table
Mon, 2/17
8:00 PM
Ranked #465 of 3,348 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A glasshouse restaurant, where the weather is our wallpaper. We serve breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. We do lunch on weekdays and brunch at the weekend. Our New York - Italian - Irish menu is simple and delicious. Meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, herbs and dairy delivered daily by local suppliers. The restaurant vibe changes from a laid back sunrise through a buzzing sunset. A view like no other in Dublin, cityscape to countryside. No fuss, no formality, book a table and enjoy! Breakfast 7am - 11am (from 8am on weekends!) Lunch 12pm - 3pm (Mon - Friday) with a superb brunch from 11am - 3pm on Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holiday Mondays. Enjoy dinner from 5:30pm 7 days per week. Stopping by for some afternoon refreshments? We serve our wood-fired pizzas right throughout the day.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in The Dean with my wife and brought to Sophie’s for our dinner for my birthday. Friendly service, nice seat by the window. Ordered a few drinks, Prosecco and then the food. Tried the risotto myself for starter which was so good. Had the pasta for main and again so tasty and filling. Looked at the desert menu and ordered the chocolate delice for dessert.
Whilst the desert was beautiful there was one disappointing thing about the experience. The table to one side of us had the waiter bring a congratulation desert down as they were celebrating an anniversary. We had finished our desert and my wife looked a bit disappointed and then the table on our other side had a big happy birthday plate arrive for the lad before they ordered their desert. My wife was disappointed as when booking she had filled in the special request part for my birthday. She said then went to the desk and inquired about this and was told “oh yes weel drop that down after the meal”. My wife informed the man that we had already finished our desert and he seemed flustered and said “oh em we always drop it down after desert”. Now tbf this is a lie as we saw both tables on either side of us get it before they had ordered desert. I wasn’t disappointed as I wasn’t aware however my wife was as she had put a lot of planning into staying in the hotel and booking dinner and all. Eventually when she returned to the table after a while the waiter arrived with this special birthday plate. We were both full as we already had desert so left the plate and left. Kind of a disappointing end to a stellar meal. If the desk forgot or misplaced the request then look it happens. To lie to my wife about it is very annoying and disappointing.
Would highly recommend the food, service and location, would have serious reservations over the bare faced lie.

1  Thank SMinihane
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Sophie's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi guys,

thanks for visiting & for taking the time to leave a review.

Sorry you were disappointed and for any misunderstanding.

All the best,

The Sophie’s Team

Write a reviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic restaurant. Views over the city were amazing at night time. The staff were attentive without being pushy or making us feel rushed. The beef short rib was a delight, so tasty and decent portion sizes. If you're looking for a cheap eat however, it may not be the place for you. If you have the budget it's well worth a trip to take in the Dublin skyline at night and enjoy some tasty food whilst you're at it

Date of visit: January 2020
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Sophie's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Lizc,
Thanks for the 5 stars review and such a lovely feedback, hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Dined here last night with my family for my mum’s 75th birthday. We were running late as we were travelling down from Belfast but Sophie’s accommodated us by holding our table for nearly an hour!

When we arrived the place looked great with nice views over Dublin. Food was very good also, albeit a bit pricey.

What made it so good though was the service we got from our waitress, Grace (unmerited favour). Nothing was too much for her and every query was met with an answer and a smile. Also up for a bit of craic. She’s a credit to the restaurant!

Will definitely be back when we are next down in Dublin.

Hi Carrick,
Thanks for 5 stars review and such a lovely feedback, will pass the compliments to Grace! Glad that you had a great time, hope to see you soon again!!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Came to Sophie's in between Christmas and new year and it did not disappoint. We were a large booking of 8 and shown to a lovely round booth table over looking the city. Our server was amazing and very attentive (can't remember her name sorry). The food was amazing and fast service. I had a pizza which was delicious however, I definitely had food envy of some of my fellow eaters who's food looked incredible.

p.s ORDER the mac and cheese. our whole table was fighting over it!! yum

Date of visit: December 2019
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Sophie's, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hi 410abih,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review, happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed time with us, hope to see you soon again!!

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

A group of 4 met here the Monday before Christmas at 12 noon . No brunch menu . It’s only in weekends . Even that Christmas week . The lunch menu was a little big for 12 noon . In saying that I ordered the goats cheese salad and a side of chips . Which were delicious . There was terrible music blasting out and tbh nice mellow Christmas music would have been more apt as lots of families there . I might try to give it another go as I’ve heard great things but unfortunately we were disappointed for our annual girls Christmas lunch .

Date of visit: December 2019
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Sophie's, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Hi Ibyrne99,
Thanks for your review and feedback, we really hope to see you again soon!!