“Yama-dull, Yama-keepwalking” 3 of 5 bubbles

Yamamori Noodles
Ranked #348 of 2,529 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
“Yama-dull, Yama-keepwalking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time to visit this restaurant, the first time I was left unimpressed, due to my desire to give them a second chance I was left kicking myself for returning. My hopes for a better dinning experience were dashed.

The food here is flat and flavourless, I love the freshness and amazing flavours of japanesse food , unfortunately neither where to be found here.

I paid 20 euros for salmon teriyaki The salmon fillet arrived luke warm on a plate of salad with some soggy veg and sticky rice on the side, a dull and drap affair. I felt short changed and sad, though perhaps not as sad as the dish.

I hate thinking "I could have made that myself " when I eat out but I would be pretty confident that I could have dished up a much taster salmon teriyaki and I am not the best cool.

My partner had a noodle dish which was also soggy and flavourless, he just picked out the prawns and the chicken and left the rest.

We had the house cocktails, 8 euros each they were similar to the ones your get in Spain, all juice and no alcohol.

Unfortunately this places gets the thumbs down from me. There are much better places to dine on George's street. Save you money and keep walking.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A-Reviewer82
YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Noodles, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear you were unhappy with your visit to Yamamori Noodles. I am looking into this with the chef to ensure this does not happen again.
Kind Regards

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Beirut
“Not only Noodles!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

There are various Yamamori restaurants in Dublin, we noticed, and this one, Yamamori noodles, is supposedly specialized in this staple Japanese food. True, there are noodles on the menu, and the ones we tried were quite good, but the variety of noodles is not THAT extensive and there are many other choices on offer, such as sushi, tempura, etc. Overall, the experience we had was quite good in this semi-casual place, where seating could be around benches or standard restaurant tables. They have an interesting list of special house drinks. The gyoza dumplings were excellent, ramen noodles with seafood could have been spiced up a little but the sushi was fresh and tasty. Recommended.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 1001night
YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Noodles, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We really appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience at Yamamori Noodles.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,
The Yamamori Staff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“rude and arrogant floor manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked this restaurant in advance for 5 people to celebrate our son's birthday. Upon arrival we were kept waiting 15 mins on a table before an extremely rude waiter tried to palm us off to a table for four with a spare seat in a busy isle when we objected he became quite arrogant and irate with us even though we could clearly see that there was a six seater table available from the time we arrived.We explained that when making our reservation a week earlier we weren't told of any issues with a party of five as we would have made other arrangements.This waiter then ignored our request for a suitable table and left us standing at the reception.Eventually after 20 minutes we approached him and asked to be seated at the empty 6 seater table which he reluctantly gave in to. When we got to the table the waiter then became abusive and stuck his shaking finger into our faces, he was then removed by another member of staff who apologized profusely as we were about to leave. Wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone and will forever tell people of our disgraceful treatment at the hands of an incompetent waiter who obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word customer. Victor. 20.00hr 5/07/13

1 Thank Victor328
Hello Victor

I sincerely apologies for this. The treatment you describes is not acceptable. This complaint will be taken very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We will look into it immediately.

Kind Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
“Such a pity this place has gone rapidly down hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I used to frequent this place all the time. It has gone rapidly downhill. Firstly the service was terrible everything was so disjointed. We were sitting for 10 mins before our drinks order was taken and it was brought after another 10 mins. Both our food looked colourless and thrown together. It was over cooked, slopped on the plate and the vegetables had seen much better days. The green tea was also very bitter from over brewing. We got our food way before our cutlery. My friend had to ask twice for a beer. The table beside us also complained about their food, No one seemed happy - three tables remarked how badly the place has gone down hill and its such a shame. I wont be back.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank AngoDublin
I am very sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with us.
We take your feedback very seriously. I will bring this to attention in our next management meeting.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Standards have declined”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

When my office was in Exchequer St. I was a regular visitor to Yamamori. Sadly, having visited it yesterday evening I found that both service and food standards have plummeted!

I had their signature Yaki Soba which arrived about five minutes after ordering, before the cutlery which arrived a couple of minutes later, so not cooked to order and it showed. A layer of beansprouts under the noodles topped by some mushy vegetables, five prawns and a few pieces of badly trimmed chicken thigh and pork. It was bland with had no discernible taste and had obviously been assembled from already coded ingredients.

Service was impersonal and mechanical, the waitress who brought my food didn't immediately go to get the cutlery which was brought by a different waitress while the waitress who cleared away and brought me the bill didn't ask if everything was OK with the food - neither did the manager whom I passed on my way out - for the last time I might add!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tim H
YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Noodles, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi Tim.

I am very disappointed to hear you had a negative experience with us. I sincerely apologies for this and will look into it immediately. If you could please send us the date and time of your visit, we can then look into who was looking after you, and make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your feedback is vital to us maintaining a high standard of service.

Kind Regards,