“Good food, efficient service and friendly”
Review of Thunder Road Cafe

Thunder Road Cafe
Ranked #484 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

My second visit here as part of a large group.

Food was good.

Service prompt and efficient

Staff friendly and helpful.

Definitely worth a visit if in Dublin.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you're craving American style food, American style atmosphere, and American style attitude, this is your place!

It is not the cheapest, and if you want a stake you have to go deeper in your pockets, but the spirit of it makes it worth it.

The food came fast, and that was amazing, because the place was packed! The bar had difficulties and we had almost finished our starters when our wine came, but the staff made their best efforts to make it up to us.

The stake I had was delicious and I can assure you that everything we tried porved this place to be a meat-lovers heaven.

The decor was amusing and at times even exciting. The Harley Davidsons were what attracted our attention at the first place, and I can tell you they were very real! And they did not stop there with the funny decorations: references to the mother road, to HD, to baseball and good music, the place had the good vibe of an American diner with the fuzz and buzz of a Hard Rock Cafe.

I recommend it, though I do warn you it is a place where you'd discover the reasons why Americans had been growing in size...

Reviewed November 10, 2013

service was quick food devine atmosphere was great had our 3 kids with us and they were well entertained colouring and Waitress talking to them.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Good food at a good price, great place, very entertaining and lots of space.

Food was late but they said sorry and gave us a free drink. The quality of the food is always very good. Always guaranteed a good night

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We ended up here after the few other selected places were booked up/full.

Upon arrival the music was far too loud, couldn't talk to each other, you had to shout! We was told it would be 30 minutes till a table is free, so we waited at the bar .... 45 minutes later, after asking how long it would be til we got a table, we we're seated. The table cloth was plastic with burns in it, table was rocking whenever you leant on it.

We ordered our starters (Nachos for 2) then mains Steak & King Prawns and then a 14oz Sirloin Steak, both with chips and BBQ Sauce. We also ordered 2 pints of Guinness too ..

We had our starters within 10 minutes of ordering, which was great, but no drinks? ... So we tucked into the starters, finished the starters, and here comes the drinks, 20-30 minutes after ordering them. Nachos were great, really enjoyed them.

Then, thinking starters were out quick, mains will follow pretty quickly. .... 30-40 minutes later, here comes the mains! .. Presentation RUBBISH, the other half asked for BBQ Sauce, and got Salsa? .. I asked for my steak Medium, It was still Mooing at me!!

The mains came with, onions (cuts too big) mushrooms & chips. If we wasn't so hungry, the food would have been left uneaten, and we wouldn't have paid. It was terrible. Clearly a place for profit and cocktail drinkers, then someone to even just have an half decent meal!

The waitress & waiter who looked after us were superb, and were very helpful & friendly. I just think they need a new chef, or at least one who know's how to present & cook food properly!

Wouldn't recommend or go again!