“Excellent Service with good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thunder Road Cafe

Thunder Road Cafe
Ranked #466 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, International, Grill, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had no expectation going back to this restaurant that has become part of the furniture in Dublin. I thoroughly enjoyed my Pasta meal served with excellent service. Well done.

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Longford, Ireland
“I keep going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Venue I never get sick off. Love the food, the atmosphere and cocktail menu is great!! :D
There is usually a bit of a wait to be seated as they are so busy but you can enjoy great cocktails while you wait!

• Visited July 2013
Crossmaglen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food- Great Atmosphere!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have visited this restaurant quite a lot over the last few years. The food is consistent but lacks wow factor which this amazing themed restaurant gives off. I usually have chicken goujons or steak burger which are lovely. I tried the chicken fajitas which are presented really well and cooked excellently but the wraps are extremely small and aren't of a great standard The cocktails are tasty! Service was quite good but I think that a little more attention during our meal was required as we ran out of drinks. Overall I've enjoyed my visits here especially looking at all the motorbike memorabilia an soaking up the great party atmosphere!

Ohio
“Bad Food, Worse Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Most restaurants in the area had a long wait for a table so we tried this one. I had the fish and chips. Arthur Treacher's fish and chips are gourmet compared to this place. I asked for malt vinegar three times to try and flavor the fish. I had even asked for the vinegar to be brought out with the meal. Three requests and twenty five minutes later, the three small packs of vinegar were delivered; it didn't help the flavor. The french fries had some flavoring I did not recognize. My husband had the pork chops that were mostly fat. He also ordered a Guiness. The waitress never brought the second Guiness he ordered. The only good thing about this place was that we were seated right away. Avoid tihs place at all costs.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LifesUnViaggio
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went with friends for late dinner. Quite big group 15 people. We got huge table. Service was very professional. Very good food and big portions. My steak was perfect. Very reasonable prices for Dublin, Temple Bar. Will visit again.

Book a table in advance. It is quite busy every day.