“What a wonderful surprise!”

The Shack Restaurant
Ranked #329 of 2,756 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Set in the heart of Temple Bar, Dublin’s Cultural district, The Shack Restaurant is a bustling and friendly place to come for the best of Irish and European cuisine in a contemporary and relaxing atmosphere. If you dine with us and you are happy. Please tell the world. If you are not happy. PLEASE TELL the MANAGER on duty who will do their best to ensure you ARE happy
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We knew nothing about this restaurant, which is across the street from the famous "Temple Bar." It was outstanding and the service could be described the same way. All of us had delicious meals and felt the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had the sea bass and the monk fish, both dishes were outstanding. Great service and reasonable prices.dont miss out on this gem

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Whilst visiting Temple Bar on a rainy evening we made a hasty decision and chose to eat at the Shack...to be truthful, we were only in Dublin for the weekend and I wish I'd checked out Trip Advisor before we went away as I probably would have chosen to eat elsewhere. The restaurant itself looked quite appealing from the outside but food was disappointing. Two meals had to be returned to the kitchen to be reheated as they weren't hot when served. Service itself average.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

we where in temple bar and this place was still open so we thought we'd take a look. Food was OK but not fantastic (not bad either). They did have a good selection but portions seemed small. Atmosphere was OK and the bill didn't break the bank

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Got a table for one and was served by a pleasent waiter. I ordered crab cakes for starter, lamb for the main and a berry pie for desert. Service was quite quick and the starter and desert were good. I felt the lamb was below average and I was dissapointed as I enjoy lamb. The bill for the above with one glass of red wine was 37.55 euro which I taught was very high for a pretty simple 3 course meal. Even in temple bar you can find much better value.