“Awful vegetarian option”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Set in the heart of Temple Bar, Dublin’s Cultural district, The Shack Restaurant is a bustling and friendly place to come for the best of Irish and European cuisine in a contemporary and relaxing atmosphere. If you dine with us and you are happy. Please tell the world. If you are not happy. PLEASE TELL the MANAGER on duty who will do their best to ensure you ARE happy
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I would not reccomend this restaurant if you are vegetarian. Although my fiance enjoyed the beef stew, I didn't enjoy my food at all. The veg option included thai curry with jasmine rice (or something like this), or mexican enchiladas. I chose the mexican, but it tasted of thai in a wrap with cheese on the top. So what they had done was placed the thai curry in the wrap. Unfortunately this was not a nice combination. Also the coke came in a little glass and was flat! Not impressed!!!

DavidPaulEllis, Owner at The Shack Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank You for your comments, it is only from comments like yours that we can learn. I will discuss this topic of Vegetarian with the Head Chef and try and come up with better solutions for customers who perfer to dine Vegetarian. Best Wishes.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our 3rd visit to this excellent restaurant. It is always top of our list of places to eat when we are in Dublin. There steaks are some of the best we have ever had although the other food we have eaten here has also been special. Staff are friendly and god knows how fit they must be, the amount of times that they go up and down stairs to the kitchen!! Prices are very reasonable for what you get. Looking forward to our trips in 2013 when we shall be here again.

Thank You for your very warm and positive comments, it gives me great pleasure to read your comments and I will pass these to the staff. Thank You again for taking the time to write this review. Best Wishes.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We chose this place because there was a discount offered on the RED Hop On Hop Off Bus. We were not disappointed. The service was good and friendly. The food was tasty with generous portions. The place had an ambience of cosiness because it was small and other diners were close. We talked to a couple next to us, and the man was in hospitality. He gave it the thumbs up. The only drawback was that there was no beer (or Guinness) on tap, so I had to have it out of a bottle. Very good value even without the free main course.

DavidPaulEllis, Owner at The Shack Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank You for your positive feedback. It gives us great encouragement to continue to strive for Customer Sasisfaction. Im sorry that we could not provide you with draught beers, the reason for this is space limitation. Thank You again and Best Wishes.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I made a dreadful mistake of visiting this venue, paid 26 Euros for two of the best lunch special - what a mistake. Like school dinners, all the courses came on a tray. Very tiny portions and the Irish Stew was shameful.

Avoid this restaurant like the plague, a total disgrace and a waste of money. The worst meal ever.

3  Thank 50john

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write this review, Im disapointed to see how unhappy you were, and we could have resolved the matter if you had brought your disapointment to the attention of the manager. The Plata Bia Bhug, which is what you had, is designed on the famous Japanese Bento Box and translates to Small Plates of Food and there are pictures of the presentation of the dish outside the Restaurant. At €13 per person for starter, lunch and dessert, I think thats a fair price. Regarding your comments of the Irish Stew, I am sorry that it was not to your liking and again, this could have been changed for you if the management had have been notified. I hope to see you again at the Shack Restaurant. Best wishes.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

In the temple bar district you can get everything from India and Chinese to American chain resteraunt food. The Shack always has provided good Irish fare at a reasonable price. If you dine before 7pm their starter, entre, dessert combo menu is a great value. This was my 4th trip and and meal here and it is still great. Best seating is the sidewalk tables if you can get one. Even in early October I was outside.Directly across from the Temple Bar it is the people watching spot on the strip. The lamb shank is great.