“Just lovely food”

Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
“Just lovely food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Dear Anthony.
Thank you for serving us lovely food last night.
Regards - Table 9, the 3 gorgeous people :-)

Visited April 2013

“very tasty”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

i had dinner here last night ,the early bird menu was lovely i had meatballs for starters and blackened chicken for my main.a lovely meal and lovely atmosphere and great value .

“Terrible”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hands down worst restaurant experience ever! Ordered a mixed platter to share for starter, fishcake was tasty and prawns were fine, however the chicken wings we were served were extremely undercooked - basically raw and bloody on the inside so obviously inedible. The waiter in fairness was extremely apologetic and assured us there would be no charge for the starter. We gave them the benefit of the doubt and moved on to the main course which was fried chicken, which unbelievably again was completely undercooked - raw! Needless to say we made a swift exit at this point and will not be returning. Maybe just a dodgy chef on that night but two courses of raw chicken is not excusable in my book!

2 Thank Gogo C
Dublin, Ireland
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been dining in Tante Zoe's for about 20 years but hadn't been there for quite some time when I returned with my husband at the weekend. They've obviously tried to make things a bit different and while there are a lot of familiar dishes on the menu, they have 'reinvented' some of their classics like Dooky Gumbo and Blackened Chicken. The result is somewhat disappointing and a real case of "if it's not broken, don't fix it". They've even meddled with their previously scrumptious Mississippi Mud Pie and given it a ginger biscuit base. Why oh why??? This has always been one of our favourite restaurants but unfortunately the food is now decidedly average. On the positive side, the atmosphere was still nice and the service was very good.

“Great service !”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My friend had a Groupon deal and we could order anything on the menu without exception. So we were on to a winner to start with - 3 courses each and a bottle of wine - all for €40! That aside. I would say this restaurant is between average and very good i.e. GOOD - but I have to say that I thought the service was great and I am very particular about service because it makes such a huge difference to dining out. We had a table booked but it wasn't ready when we arrived......It didn't matter as their seated waiting area is very comfy. My only criticism would be that the lovely (& I mean lovely girls ;o) waiter did not offer a drink while we waited......they could make more money for the business so they need to clue in there.....however, when our table was ready, he could not have been more helpful and so naturally pleasant. The menu was interesting and the food smelt and looked wonderful as we passed other tables as we were shown to our seats. What I chose was pleasant but not exceptional. The Prawns I chose for a starter were over cooked & I would have like a little crusty bread to have scooped up the tasty chilli and garlic oil when the generous portion of prawns had been devoured and the Fish Cakes to follow, I decided, would be a better choice as a starter (which my fiend had) than for a main. They were nice but not as flavorsome as I had anticipated however, the potatoes wedges were lovely My friends steak looked and smelt gorgeous and she said cooked to her specification and she enjoyed it. Deserts were divine!
All in all I would return but mainly to check out the cute waiter again rather than for the food. It is on the verge of being a real little gem this place but they just need to inject more flavor into the food. Its a bit of a diamond in the rough.....