“Good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Orchid Sichuan

Orchid Sichuan
Ranked #1,066 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Tipperary, Ireland
“Good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My family and I had a meal here last Saturday. Waiting staff were very friendly and attentive and the food, although a little overpriced, was delicious. We were seated in a nice warm corner of the restaurant beside a radiator but half way through our meal, the heating was switched off and the air conditioning was switched and we felt quite cold. We told the staff that we were cold but it was some time before they switched off the air conditioning and by this time we were shivering with the cold. Before we left the restaurant, my husband went upstairs to use the rest rooms and he recommended that we shouldn’t use them as they left a lot to be desired. Such a pity because the decor in the restaurant was impeccable.

• Visited October 2012

Donegal
“Nice Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very Central if staying in Ballsbridge good food the rice was a bit overcooked the beef greasy great service and very polite

Visited January 2012
Spain
“Very good but waiters need training”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

This is among my favourite restaurants for food . The food remains very good & early bird menu is good price. However the 'young waiter' was not trained properly for such a good restaurant. He constantly served people by stretching across people in front of others at the table. I did ,of course, mention it to him as quietly as I could that it was not correct . Also, prior to booking I looked up Internet to see latest time for the early bird & got different times at latest 7.30 pm ; 7pm & finally 6.30 pm ! When I phoned I was advised it was 6.30 pm latest which meant I had to phone around friends etc. All of these these shoudl be taken care of by the manager .

Visited January 2012
1 Thank biggestjohn22
Limerick, Ireland
“Too expensive for average food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We called in there early on a Monday and as expected the place was empty and a lttle forboding as a result. The food was average and much too expensive. I would not recommend it especially as there are some go restaurants nearby. Someone needs to tell them that there is a recession on !

• Visited September 2011
“ITIt is too expensive..,,”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Just back in my hotel from dinner for one in the Orchid. I had a craving for a " good curry". When I ordered, the waiter just smiled. It was the "house special. When it arrived it was " average take away standard". With 2 glasses of house wine and a pot of Chinese tea, the bill was € 38, crazy prices for very average " take away" food. I will not be back. They need to cop on..... Oh was there a VAT increase? These prices get the country a bad name.