“Good food, service and extensive cellar”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of One Pico

One Pico
Ranked #110 of 2,547 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Just off of St Stephen's Green One Pico is one of Dublin's hottest dining destinations. But with acclaimed chef Eammon O'Reilly at the helm and a number of accolades including; "2010 Dublin Chef of The Year" by The Irish Restaurant Awards, but most importantly (in our opinion) a Toptable Gold award. One Pico isn't all about fashion and being seen in the latest hot spot. Exceptionally good service is the ideal accompaniment to stunning modern classic food all beautifully prepared on the premises and a simple, sophisticated décor where intimacy is guaranteed. A monthly changing menu ensures you'll never grow bored of One Pico's impressive seasonal cooking with its homely Irish twist.
“Good food, service and extensive cellar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Nice understated service from staff that were well trained knowledgeable and polite. Great food and wine. The dining area is a little restrained and would feel a little cold if not busy. Otherwise we had a great night and will be back next time we're in Dublin

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Rintoul353

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't recommend the fish !!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had a lunch together with clients. There were 8 of us in total. I ordered the ray which I had to send back because it was off - there was a very strong smell of amonia. I ordered the cod which took 15/20 minutes to arrive by which time all my colleagues had finished their meals. I asked for the bill at the end of the meal which included service charge and there was no discount for the dish which I returned. I didn't want to make a scene in front of my client, so I paid the bill and left. I telephoned about an hour later and spoke to the Assistant Manager and explained that I was not happy. First of all, they should not be serving fish which is off. Secondly I shouldn't have been charged for the cod dish and I wouldn't have expected to pay service charge. An apology would also have been nice once I had paid the bill. The Assistant Manager didn't concur with my views. Looks like I will be dining at Chapters in future which is excellent.

2 Thank Grant S
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

For my money, Dublin's best restaurant - going for years and always a great experience - food/staff excellent.
You can rely on them to get it right every time, unlike some of the bigger, fancier places around town.
Dublin's best Bloody Mary too!

London
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

The food in this restaurant blew me away. I know it’s pricey for dinner but their lunch menu is about €23 for 2 courses and so better value than dinner. The staff and setting is formal, without being fussy. There was a nice crowd in there for mid-week lunch – not too busy but enough full tables so that there was an atmosphere. I had a terrine of foie gras & black pudding for starter. Gorgeous. My main meal was potentially the best fish I’ve ever had – I had ray wing, which I thought would be a flat piece of fish but they had boned and rolled it so it was plump and tasty. It was all served with al dente vegetables and flavourful sauces. I’ll definitely be going back as a treat.

Dublin, Ireland
“Worth a visit! Flawless.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Some friends and I were looking for a bite to eat the week before Christmas. We knew this was a mad thing to do without a reservation and we didn't hold out much hope when we went into the Green house on Dawson st, and sure enough, no luck, but they rang One Pico who luckily had a table and could fit us in. We were delighted and headed round there immediately.

Of course, we hadn't even considered the menu, so when we got there and saw the fixed christmas menu, it didn't really suit. No vegetarian option for the main and a veggie starter that I didn't fancy. No trouble said the nice waiter, who suggested alternatives, and also included a load of sides of veg for me, when I mentioned my pet peeve that we veggies rarely get given veg. Another of our party has dairy and gluten intolerances. Again, no trouble, suggestions to suit her dietary requirements at the tip of his tongue. We'd wanted a 1/2 bottle of one of the reds, but there was no 1/2 bottle. Again, no trouble, sure open the bottle and we'll work it out.

The food was delicious, but the effort that the staff went to accomodate us on what was surely one of their busiest weeks of the year was even more impressive. Yes, it's expensive, but it's worth it. We all left having felt as if we'd had a really special evening.

• Visited December 2013